Most Americans like tanned skin
Recommended: morning sun
In the next step, the team tested whether these fluctuations had an influence on the incidence of pale skin cancer in the animals. To do this, they irradiated one group of mice with UV radiation three times a week at four in the morning and a second group at four in the afternoon. Here, too, there was a clear result: didn't the morning group just develop skin cancer two weeks earlier? especially squamous cell carcinoma? but also a lot more tumors. The researchers write that the risk was increased by a factor of five compared to the afternoon group.
Of course, do you need further tests and controls to ensure this result? after all, cancer development is a very complex process in which various other factors are involved. Nevertheless, the scientists believe that they have identified a key player in XPA and its various activities throughout the day. The exciting thing about it: Even in humans, different amounts of XPA can be detected in the skin at different times of the day. In this case, it is quite legitimate to assume that there is an effect similar to that in mice in humans, according to the researchers. The basic function of the internal clock is in fact quite comparable in humans and mice: in both of them, it follows roughly a 24-hour cycle, even if the two clocks are offset by around 12 hours due to their different lifestyles. Accordingly, while XPA production in the mouse reaches a peak in the afternoon, in humans it is highest in the early morning hours.
However, there is one special feature in humans: even if the most XPA is produced in the skin on average at seven in the morning, the individual values can vary greatly depending on the personal disposition. For “larks”, people who are fit and productive early in the morning, the optimal time for sunbathing could be before seven o'clock. In the case of the “owls” that are more slowly getting going, it may be significantly later. If this assumption is confirmed, everyone would first have to have their chronotype determined in order to know when they can go into the sun. Fortunately, this is expensive and a little time-consuming, but not very painful: Researchers only need about ten hairs on the head, including the follicles, to determine their personal type.
- Which is better sakura or ino
- Repairs Costco tires
- Todd Rundgren wrote his own songs
- What is the latest hypothesis on the cosmos
- Where would a fish lay eggs?
- Are there recommendation drives at Infosys
- In databases, what is copied when writing
- What foreign films should everyone watch?
- What is the reason for this life
- Which artist sang the song Look away
- The stocks in the index change
- Is marriage a part of life?
- May Infosys overtake the TCS position one day
- What is Chris Gayle famous for?
- What goes well with venison
- Can sloths swim
- Can men get breast cancer?
- What helps seasonal depression
- What is metaphase
- What jobs require knowledge of Russian
- Can people produce pure black
- For boys, looks are really important
- What are some important facts about cryptocurrency
- Count real estate services as startups
- Has Burts Bees parabens
- Master's degree in which subjects
- Do Indians deserve a good leadership
- At what sound level is dangerous
- What is bank branch automation
- How would you write 4 4x10 3
- Are atheists Islamophobic
- What is a quadratic inequality
- All Android app developers have made a profit