What is the ideal food for dessert
Is there the “right” time to eat sweets?
There is no one right time to snack. But although sweets should only be on the menu in moderation, it can make sense to give them a permanent place in it. If you feel like something sweet and give in to the need for a balanced main meal, you may consume fewer calories and can prevent cravings. This trick can also teach children to use sweets more consciously.
Small children who are just getting to know sweets should eat them as consciously as possible. A good time to snack is therefore after eating. They then understand the sugary dessert as part of an otherwise balanced and healthy meal and learn that the delicacies are not available at all times. Parents should therefore avoid comforting, calming or even occupying their offspring with sweets. Otherwise, chocolate, gummy bears and the like can quickly become an unhealthy habit.
Snacking right after a meal is not only beneficial for children. This time can also be helpful for adults for various reasons. If you eat healthy and balanced first, you will not be hungry afterwards, but rather an appetite for sweets. This minimizes the risk that you end up consuming more sugar and calories than you actually want and should.
In addition, ideally enough fiber is consumed with the main meal to keep you full for a long time. The advantage: the sugar in sweets causes the blood sugar level to rise quickly, but is quickly broken down again. A rapidly falling blood sugar level can soon trigger hunger or even food cravings again - these will not happen with a balanced main meal. You can find out more about the background of appetite and satiety here.
Of course, nothing speaks against snacking every now and then at a different time, as long as you eat a balanced and healthy diet. For example, one should make sure that a maximum of ten percent of the daily energy requirement is covered by sugar. For most adults, this amount is between 50 and 60 grams of sugar a day. A bar of chocolate contains around 60 grams of sugar. However, because sugar is hidden in numerous foods such as ready-made products, one should not eat a bar of chocolate every day.
So that you can still allow yourself one or two small desserts without exceeding your sugar requirements, you should pay attention to hidden sugar in your main meals and between meals. Sweet drinks such as lemonades or fruit juices can be replaced with water or unsweetened fruit teas, for example, and the sugar in tea or coffee can be reduced or omitted. Spread jam only thinly on breakfast bread and prepare muesli yourself with fresh fruit and oat flakes. Ready-made sauces and dips also contain a lot of sugar, it is healthier if you make ketchup yourself, for example.
- Is the earth weightless in space
- What does the expression do in Python
- How can I design a movie poster
- Why did you choose the UPSC test?
- What is 10 12 9 10
- Can be implanted during menstruation
- Which personality type is the most dramatic
- When will advanced technology make people obsolete?
- How can I reduce idle CPU usage
- What is your pets least favorite food
- Why are cellular companies stuck on Android
- Who had suffered more to Jesus or Heracles?
- What does Annabelle kill with
- How can I improve my vocabulary 10
- All rides in Disneyland are free
- Which subject is the best in agriculture
- When were social media sites created
- How old is the German Shepherd Dog breed
- What happened to the elections in Sri Lanka
- What are ISFJs afraid of?
- What Causes Serotonin Imbalance
- Manage everyday life
- What is the meaning of the Shabbat
- Dizziness will lower your IQ