What is the importance of print marketing
Analysis confirms the advertising effectiveness of print
Touch and trust
The meta-analysis mainly looks into the psychological effects of print. She comes to the conclusion that paper has a greater influence on our brain due to its multi-sensory properties: people understand the information better and can remember it more easily if they have seen it in printed form instead of on a screen.
In addition, colored images are more likely to be recognized than black and white motifs. Scent also makes a strong contribution to the recognition of a product. Three-dimensional representations double the recall rate.
Above all, high-quality papers and finishes can increase trust in brands. Print products can make a product benefit noticeable. When choosing a paper, marketers should therefore also consider its surface structure, as this radiates on the message. In one study, for example, the participants rated a running shoe as more robust if it was advertised on a paper with a rough surface instead of a smooth surface.
Refinement pays off - case study
An example: the cruise operator Aida Cruises sent a sensor-optimized direct mailing to its customers. There was a pocket in the envelope to the right of the letter. The receiver read on the cover "We already have ..." for you and "... reserved. Your favorite place is already waiting for you" after opening the inside. In the pocket was a miniature version of the brand's signature Aida towel, which exuded the scent of sun lotion. The moments of the Aida journey that had already been experienced before were suddenly present again and sensual through these sensory codes.
Compared to the standard variant, the sensor-optimized mailing increased travel bookings by 30 percent. In addition, the advertising effect of the mailings was examined in detail and around 3,000 recipients were surveyed for each mailing variant. In a follow-up survey, 22 percent more recipients remembered the mailing with the Aida towel compared to the recipients of the standard mailing.
However, just concentrating on print or just digital is not the right way to go. Marketers should rely on a cross-media strategy. Marketing researchers have proven the effectiveness of print in interaction with other channels. For example, they analyzed the history of a car dealer's customer dialogue over a period of 39 months: How often did customers receive calls, e-mails or advertising letters and how much money did they spend on average per quarter on services such as inspections?
Direct mailings had the greatest effect: after three letters, customers spent an average of around 60 dollars, as opposed to 40 dollars for the same number of calls or e-mails. The difference was even greater with ten contacts. Here, over $ 200 in sales letters were compared to just $ 20 in calls and emails. Customers quickly felt annoyed by emails and phone calls, but not by print contacts. In the cross-media mix, print even strengthened the effectiveness of the other channels.
Practical knowledge from over 300 studies
The meta-analysis "The Power of Print" provides these and many other insights into the impact of print media. In it, advertising or marketing managers, product or brand managers, creatives or buyers will find answers to the following questions, among others:
- How does print make my campaigns more effective and efficient?
- How do I build brand recognition and trust with print?
- How does print differentiate my brand and my products from the competition?
- How do I use the power of print media in sales processes?
- How do I increase the willingness to buy at the point of sale through packaging design?
- When is it worth investing in the refinement of advertising materials and packaging?
- What significance does print have for my digital marketing success?
Here you can order the meta-analysis for a fee.
- Can I see my health records online?
- What's your favorite Metallica guitar riff
- Why didn't Microsoft sell its Xbox division?
- Why do cows need hooves
- Why is Resnick Halliday a good book
- Why does grass grow up
- What is Zaarly's business model
- Why are you losing your mind
- How much do 4 tires cost at Costco
- Sociopaths try to be bosses
- What are the nutritional values of pears
- Why are address and data lines multiplexed
- What are the hot topics on Pinterest
- Indoor lights are illegal in California
- Who developed the software for train reservation systems
- What are manuscripts
- What does the uncompressed WAV file format mean
- Can people feel our vibrational frequency?
- Berlin has more subways than London
- Affects the CAS latency Ryzen
- Does yoga really help during pregnancy?
- What are Emmanuel Macron's religious views
- What does the credibility of the speaker mean?
- Where would you volunteer