What is cloudburst
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Clouds | break, Plural: Clouds | breaks
- IPA: [ˈVɔlkn̩ˌbʁʊx]
- 1) sudden heavy rain shower
- Determinative compound from nouns cloud and fracture as well as the joint element-n
- 1) Thunderstorm rain, pouring rain, downpour, rain shower, shower, heavy rain, torrential rain
- 1) Rain, precipitation, weather
- 1) The Downpour turned the soccer field into a lake.
- 1) “Whether drizzle or Downpour - the size of the drops has no influence on the accuracy of the prediction. "
- 1) “In this room, we too are welcomed, just in time for a violent thunderstorm with squalls, hail and Downpour.“
- 1) “Soon the sun was burning, soon discharged Downpours.“
- 1) “Old Wang had just fetched a bottle of wine and bought a basket full of fruit and other foods when she was walking down the street from him Downpour was surprised. "
- 1) Heaven, ass and downpour = Curse
- 1) with adjective:more suddenlyDownpour,torrentialDownpour , more surprisingDownpour
- Nominative: singular Downpour; Plural Downpours
- Genitive: singular Downpour; Plural Downpours
- Dative: singular Downpour; Plural Cloudbursts
- Accusative: singular Downpour; Plural Downpours
- English: 1) cloudburst, downpour
- French: 1) pluie torrentielle
- Icelandic: 1) skýfall
- Italian: 1) nubifragio (male)
- Catalan: 1) aiguat, ruixat, xàfec, pluja torrencial
- Dutch: 1) wolkbreuk
- Polish: 1) oberwanie chmury
- Swedish: 1) skyfall (neuter)
- Czech: 1) průtrž mračen (Female)
- Turkish: 1) sağnak
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„A difficult one Downpour via Pernegg the Zlattengraben flooded at the foot of the Eisenpass. Floods and mudslides also occurred on the other side of the pass, in the Utschgraben in Oberaich.“
Kleine Zeitung, September 14, 2018
„In Linz it was after the difficult one Downpour Given the flooded streets at noon on Sunday. Canal drains were closed on the Pöstlingberg, and masses of water shot across the street.“
Today.at, July 14, 2019
„Around 60 boys and girls will not forget this storm: a Downpour with hail flooded their tent camp in Imsbach in the north of the Palatinate. But the church promptly helped.“
SWR.de, August 07, 2019
„After a Downpour the sewer system failed in some streets on Monday evening. The rainwater ran into cellars and garages. There was also water in the Landwehr underpass, where the fire brigade rescued two cars with their occupants.“
Hannoversche Allgemeine, June 4th, 2019
„Discus ace Lukas Weißhaidinger presented himself extremely strong at the home meeting in Andorf with 66.15m! Shortly afterwards a worried Downpour for the demolition.“
Krone.at, 4th August 2019
„After the clouds of smoke and the heat brings in Downpour Relaxation, but delayed qualification at the Australian Open.“
Today.at, January 15, 2020
„State of emergency on Thursday at the fire brigades in the south of Hamburg. A Downpour flooded basements, streets and underground garages.“
BILD.de, June 19, 2020
„Canopy tours are particularly attractive in Costa Rica. In the cloud forest of Monteverde, for example, you can fly three kilometers over the treetops. How it works with a Downpour feels, our author was able to experience firsthand.“
Welt.de, February 17, 2020
„Thomas Meyer's first novel about the character Motti Downpour became a surprise bestseller and successfully filmed for the cinema. Now a funny and intelligent sequel has appeared.“
WDR.de, December 19, 2019
„During the fire on Friday afternoon, the fire brigade's extinguishing work was still due to a violent one Downpour supported. The police are looking for witnesses who have seen suspicious people or vehicles in the forest area.“
Police press release, June 27, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Shower: Equipment, mostly in the bathroom, which lets the water fall onto the body from a great height and thus allows the body to be washed quickly; the act of washing in a shower
- Cast: Process of casting; cast product, for example of metal; pouring a liquid such as water; solidified coating over food; short for: downpour, rain shower
- Scurry (coll.): short, shower-like rain or snowfall; (in a hush = executed in a flash) blow with the flat of the hand in the face; Opening in the lower part of the (mainly human) face, mainly used for eating and making sounds; Soldier language, soldier language: brief enemy fire attack; hysterical homosexual with feminine demeanor
- Downpour: sudden onset of heavy rain that is only of short duration
- downpour: heavy rainfall
- rain shower: short downpour
- shower: Rain showers: short, heavy precipitation analogue: snow showers; Shiver of fear: physical reaction (for example, skin twitching) as a result of strong feelings of fear
- Torrential rain: heavy rain
- Torrential rain
Another word (synonym) for cloudburst - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "cloudburst":
fracture: ... Broken pipe, skull fracture, shipwreck, sheet breakage, style break, voice break, upheaval, wind break, cloudburst, civilization break, breakdown of taboo 2) broken arm, pelvic break ...
ass: ... make the ass (drive, punish, chastise) for an ass (in vain) Heaven, ass and cloudburst (curse) Heaven, ass and thread (curse) being up in the ass (broken) someone goes ...
cloud:… Cloudy, cloudy (→ cloudiness) 1) Cloud band, cloud bank, cloud formation, cloud lightning, cloudburst, cloud cover, cloud field, wispy clouds, cloud shape, cloud front ...
pluie:… General terms: météorologie, temps Expression / idioms: pluie diluvienne = cloudburst Typical word combinations: les pluies acides = acid rain…
acquazzone: the downpour, the downpour, the downpour Translations See translations in downpour, See translations in downpour, See translations in downpour French: averse (female), (ugs) douche (female), (ugs) saucée (female) Venetian: scravasso ( male)
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Wolkenbruch" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Wolkenbruch/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "cloudburst" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Cloudbursts (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Cloudburst Hyphenation: Wol | ken | bru | che Pronunciation / Emphasis: ...
Downpour (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Wolkenbruchs Hyphenation: Wol | ken | bru | ches…
Downpour (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Wolkenbruches Hyphenation: Wol | ken | bruchs…
Downpours (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Clouds | Brü | che Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Cloudbursts (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Wol | ken | brü | chen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Cloud cover (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular cloud cover; Plural cloud cover genitive: ...
Cloud cover (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Wol | ken | de | cken Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Cloud front (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular cloud front; Plural cloud fronts genitive: ...
Cloud fronts (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Wol | ken | fron | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Cloudscape (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular cloud formation; Plural cloud formations genitive: ...
- Shall we keep animals in zoos?
- What is something that you consider controversial
- Going sober ruined your marriage
- Were the Huns Asian or white
- Who are better listeners men or women
- How do I market on Instagram
- Will unlocked phones work in India?
- Are there wolves in Ohio
- How many escalators are there on the London Underground?
- Is tomato a cleaner
- How do I increase my cognitive memory
- Why does Russia want Antarctica
- What are the characteristics of cross-docking
- Can thoughts be mathematized
- Is love a passing feeling
- What are the best features of LinkedIn
- Slytherin students are always pure blood
- How can I transfer my car loan
- Can we adjust the water solubility?
- Square butts are unattractive
- How bored are you 1
- Can we join the international merchant marine?
- How do you get your voicemail back?
- Who decides for the K Pop Fanchant?