Why is water dry day after day
How much should you drink a day?
Sufficient drinking is essential and an important prerequisite for well-being and high performance. The reason: almost two thirds of our bodies are made up of water. Water has many and important functions in the body, such as: B:
- Means of transport for nutrients
- Metabolic end products are excreted through the kidneys with the help of water
- necessary for a constant body temperature (sweating protects against overheating of the body)
Because our body is constantly losing water through the kidneys, lungs and skin, we have to top it up regularly.
Regular hydration is therefore essential. If you don't drink enough during the day, the body regulates the need by feeling thirsty. Thirst arises when the body has lost more than 0.5% of its weight in the form of water. And: those who drink enough can think better and concentrate better.
Consequences of dehydration
Insufficient fluid intake has serious effects on our body:
- first symptoms may be dry skin and mucous membranes (e.g. chapped lips, dry mouth)
- Fatigue and poor concentration
- a headache
- limited physical performance
- Confusion (in the elderly)
- Constipation (constipation)
- Tendency to urinary tract infections
After just a few days, it can lead to serious damage to health, such as circulatory and kidney failure.
The right amount to drink
The German Nutrition Society recommends drinking around 1.5 liters per day, but the body needs more on hot days and when exercising: Depending on the activity, the fluid requirement can increase three to four times. Overall, the amount of 1.5 liters is only a guide, because the need also depends on the body size. The more surface a body has, the more water can be released through the skin. However, adults should not drink less than 1.0 liter of water per day.
Drink water regularly
At the latest when you feel thirsty, you should act and have a drink, preferably tap water. Instead of drinking 1.5 liters of water in the shortest possible time, the amount should be spread over the day. An even fluid intake prevents headaches, dizziness and circulatory problems. This is especially important on hot days, during physically active activities or sports. You can find tips on ideal drinks on hot days here.
Recommended thirst quenchers
Recommended thirst quenchers should be calorie-free. This means tap water, mineral water, fruit and herbal teas. Calorie-free soft drinks also contain few calories, but often sweeteners and flavorings. If these drinks are drunk regularly, the taste buds get used to the sweetness, which increases the general preference for sweet things.
How much coffee and tea can you tolerate?
Coffee and black tea are luxury foods, but can be added to the fluid balance if they are prepared without sugar. However, they contain stimulants such as caffeine and theophylline. You can still enjoy around three to four cups a day without any problems.
This content was created by the joint editorial team in cooperation with the consumer centers North Rhine-Westphalia and Saxony-Anhalt for the network of consumer centers in Germany.
- Improves the awareness of staying hydrated
- Why are my code blocks not working properly
- What are the best shopping malls in Boston
- Is PERT better than CPM
- Ants can starve
- Wolfram Language is free to use
- Where can English teachers find lesson plans
- What kind of a vegetarian are you
- What is a graphic poster
- Is GetGo Logistics good for international shipping
- What are url shorteners
- Where can I find driving records
- Can Kabocha be used in a cheesecake
- I am afraid of intimacy
- How can I impress a Tamil mother
- Does the state farm offer health insurance?
- Ice can freeze forever
- What films are scary films based on?
- How can I be a smart copywriter
- What are self makeup tips
- What's your favorite makeup remover wipe
- What are the elements of greatness
- Does scientific knowledge really help science itself
- Why is my brain so weak