What is the best time to eat walnut
10 reasons walnuts are so healthy
Studies prove the positive effect of walnuts on our health
Scientists were concerned with the nutritional values of walnuts as early as the Middle Ages. With around 90 nutrients, the tree nut is a real all-rounder and has a positive effect on our health. To name just a few: Magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, phosphorus, numerous vitamins and good fats, folic acid, iron and potassium make the walnut a real superfood that belongs in every healthy and balanced diet. The abundance of Antioxidants can prevent cancer and diseases of the cardiovascular system in addition to typical age-related diseases. With around 700 calories per 100 grams of walnuts and almost 70 grams of fat, the nut fruit is still a filling figure friend, because it has a negligible proportion of carbohydrates and counteracts food cravings. In addition, walnuts are also suitable for a gluten-free diet and provide vegetarians and vegans with a number of nutrients and vitamins. But there are more reasons to indulge in a serving of walnuts a day.
Widespread disease high blood pressure: Numerous studies show that the nutritional composition of walnuts has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. The tree fruit has been shown to prevent diseases that are favored by high blood pressure because it regulates blood pressure. The perfect synergetic combination of Antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids It also counteracts atherosclerosis and immensely minimizes the risk of suffering a heart attack.
1. Cardiovascular Disease: Walnuts are good for our heart
Even 30 grams of walnuts a day have a positive effect on the health of the heart and arteries.
2. Walnuts are good for gray cellsWalnuts are part of trail mix for a reason, as they affect the performance of our brains. While our brain already uses a quarter of the calories to think and function, which our organism alone converts when it is at rest, the nut fruit provides our gray cells with sufficient energy and healthy nutrients.
3. Walnuts - miracle cure for diabetesWith a high proportion of protein and fat, walnuts provide us with plenty of energy and ensure long-lasting satiety. The low proportion of Carbohydrates keeps blood sugar levels in check, which is an interesting detail, especially for people with diabetes. Diabetes is not a fate to which we have to submit: Even a small consumption of walnuts has been shown to reduce the risk of developing diabetes. Studies show that just a handful of walnuts a week can reduce your chances of getting diabetes by a quarter.
4. Walnuts have been shown to lower cholesterolCholesterol is associated with various diseases: A long-term high cholesterol level affects the psyche and memory, can be a cause of stress and increase the risk of coronary heart disease. Cholesterol is also often mentioned in the same breath as an increased risk of cancer and stroke. So there is a lot to be said for keeping an eye on the cholesterol level and reducing it through diet.
Walnuts have a high proportion of alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3 fatty acids) and alpha-linoleic acid (omega-6 fatty acids). The ratio of fats to one another is optimal to supplement a cholesterol-conscious diet. The walnut is said to lower the “bad” LDL cholesterol more than fatty sea fish. The daily requirement for the perfect, long-term influence is around 30 grams.
5. What the walnut has to do with family planningAir pollution and an unhealthy lifestyle negatively affect sperm quality and can make family planning difficult. Especially in the western world, where ready-made products, lots of sugar and animal fats are often on the menu, it is important to reflect on a balanced diet. Walnuts can be an effective support in family planning. Studies show that they increase the reproductive ability, vitality and morphology of the sperm. US researchers were able to prove that the daily consumption of 75 grams of walnuts already has a positive influence on the quality of the sperm after twelve weeks. In addition, fewer chromosomal abnormalities were found after this time. It is not yet clear whether the positive properties also have an effect on female fertility. Due to the optimal nutritional composition, walnuts cannot harm either men or women.
6. Walnuts in pregnancyA nutrient-rich and balanced diet is especially important during pregnancy. From now on, pregnant women are not only responsible for their own bodies, but also for the healthy development of their unborn child. Because walnuts have a high proportion of Folic acid and iron regular consumption has a positive effect on the values of women and also on the development of the growing baby. With regard to nutrition, pregnant women should always consult the treating gynecologist.
Folic acid is particularly important at the beginning of pregnancy
7. The leaves of the walnut fruit: help with stomach and intestinal problemsNot only walnuts, but also the valuable walnut leaves were already used for medicinal purposes in the Middle Ages. They have a high bitter and tannin content, which can counteract inflammation of the mucous membranes. A tea made from walnut leaves has a diuretic effect and can help with nausea and diarrhea. Skin problems, herpes and excessive sweating can also be treated supportively with walnut leaves. Especially exciting for women: An irregular cycle can be regulated with walnut leaf tea, menstrual cramps can be alleviated.
8. Walnuts for cancerCancer is often seen as the “scourge of humanity” and stirs up great fear in the population. The proportion of melatonin and omega-3 fatty acids or unsaturated fatty acids can starve the cancer and prevent the growth of malignant cells. By using the healthy ingredients free radicals neutralize, they protect the cells from premature aging. In particular, the risk of developing prostate cancer and breast cancer can be reduced by consuming walnuts regularly.
9. Optimal muscle building with walnutsIt is a common assumption that walnuts are bad for the slim figure because of their high fat content. But the opposite is the case: Sports and fitness enthusiasts in particular appreciate the properties and composition of the tree nut. Walnuts contain a lot of potassium, which is responsible for the excitability of the muscles. The high protein content also promotes muscle growth and complements a low-carbohydrate diet.
Walnuts: ideal for athletes
10. Counteract aging diseases with walnutsThe melatonin found in walnuts ensures that we reduce oxidative stress caused by free radicals. These toxic molecules promote, among other things. Age diseases such as cataracts, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Melatonin, which is absorbed and optimally utilized through the consumption of walnuts, can counteract the free radicals and stop them before they make us sick.
- How is rhenium used
- What do Italians think of Tunisians
- What is social media live streaming
- What kg of dumbbells do you lift
- What is the police policy in America
- What is the importance of media surveillance
- Why do people hate environmentalists
- Where is the music sticker on Instagram
- Who sells the best hamburger in Virginia
- Why are NHL jerseys expensive
- Is Taylor Swift from Shawn Mendes 2018
- Why are ReactJS projects so complex
- How much does an astronaut suit cost
- Is your marriage what you dreamed of
- What are digital rights in films
- How fast are hurricanes
- What was the point of creating YouTube
- How many decades is 93 years old
- Why does Islam allow children to marry?
- William Shakespeare was a feminist
- How do companies train their sales force
- Hoarding runs in families
- How many continents are there on earth 1
- What is the best coolant