What does Hyouka mean in English
|place of residence||Kamiyama, Japan|
|Gosho Aoyama's tip||Ice cream / Hyouka|
|Author and works|
|First publication||2001: 氷 菓, Hyōka|
|Number of works||6 novels|
Hotaro Oreki (jap. 折 木 奉 太郎, Oreki Hōtarō) is presented in Volume 83 in Gosho Aoyamas Detective Lexicon.
The character Hotaro Oreki 
Hotaro Oreki is a high school student in Kamiyama, a fictional city in Gifu Prefecture, Japan. He joins the literature club at his school so that it doesn't have to be dissolved. Together with the other members Eru Chitanda, Satoshi Fukube and Mayaka Ibara, he solves numerous puzzles.
Hotaro is pragmatic and only does what is necessary. Although he always solves his cases thanks to his logical conclusions, he remains humble and claims that he was just lucky. He has feelings for his classmate Eru and at her request, Hotaro takes more care of his school life.
The author and his works
Honobu Yonezawa was born in Takayama, Gifu Prefecture in 1978, and is a Japanese crime writer. The best known is his Koten-bu series about student detective Hotaro Oreki. Yonezawa graduated from Kanazawa University with a degree in literature, but has been writing his own works since middle school. He turned to crime fiction after reading stories by Kaoru Kitamura. After graduation, Yonezawa worked in a bookstore to improve his writing skills.
In 2016, Yonezawa was from Granta, the largest literary magazine in the English-speaking world, has been nominated for the Best Japanese Novelist Award.
Works around Hotaro Oreki 
In addition to the novels about Hotaro Oreki, a manga adaptation began in March 2012, which includes the first four novels in the series Shonen Ace. An anime version of the works with 22 episodes was also released in 2012. A live action film followed in 2017, directed by Mari Asato, starring Kento Yamazaki and Alice Hirose.
List of novels with Hotaro Oreki 
|year||Original title||German title / Translated title||additional Information|
|2001||氷 菓, Hyōka||Hyōka|
|2002||愚者 の エ ン ド ロ ー ル, Gusha no end roll||Fool's credits|
|2005||ク ド リ ャ フ カ の 順 番, Kudryavka no Junban||The Kudryavka Order|
|2007||遠 ま わ り す る 雛, Tōmawari Suru Hina||The Hina doll that made a detour|
|2010||ふ た り の 距離 の 概算, Futari no Kyori no Gaisan||The approximate distance between two people|
|2016||い ま さ ら 翼 と い わ れ て も, Imasara Tsubasa to Iwaretemo||Though I supposedly have wings now|
- Oxford is a good school
- What does Annabelle kill with
- What is the ethnicity of Robert De Niro
- How far does space go
- What is the email for Google Dublin
- Has CS GO seasons
- What are the characteristics of dinosaurs
- How are knives sharpened?
- Impotence feels like death
- How does gossip work with Indians
- What do stickers sell
- Is rock music popular in Latin America
- Can I see naked women taking racing pictures
- Why is sugar considered a nutrient
- Are itchy palms common or rare
- How is IoT-Based Smart Agriculture Helpful
- String theorist Brian Greene is an atheist
- What is the sphere function in Python
- What is a higher rank than President
- Why does rain make people depressed and nostalgic
- Is it safe to be in Palestine?
- Can investment bankers be entrepreneurs
- Why does Deku have 6 quirks
- How does movement affect human memory?