What are the uses of cyclohexanone
Clear, oily liquid,
which turns yellow in the air
|molar mass 98.142 g / mol |
AGW 20 ml / m3 (TRGS 900)
density 0.9478 g / cm3
Melting point −27.93 ° C
boiling point +155.4 ° C
Water solubility Conc. At 25 ° C 96 g / l
Refractive index 1,4507
Explosion limit1.1 to 9.4% by volume (air)
Flash point +44 ° C
Ignition point +420 ° C
|Hazard classes + category |
Flammable liquids 3
Acute toxicity oral 4
Acute toxicity dermal 4
Acute toxicity inhalation 4
Skin corrosion / irritation 2
Serious eye damage 1
|HP rates (see also note) |
H 226, 302, 312, 315, 318, 332
P 210, 261, 280.1-3 + 7, 305 + 351 + 338
disposal G 1
|Print a label||German designation |
|English designation |
|CAS 108-94-1||Cyclohexanone |
Cyclohexanone is a colorless, slightly oily liquid that smells like peppermint and turns yellow when exposed to air. It is sparingly soluble in water and dissolves well in organic solvents such as ethyl alcohol, diethyl ether, acetone or chloroform. Cyclohexanone shows the typical chemical reactions of ketones, enamines are formed with secondary amines, and imines are formed with primary amines or ammonia. It can be reduced to cyclohexanol with sodium borohydride. With nitric acid or potassium permanganate, it oxidizes to adipic acid.
Cyclohexanone gradually turns yellow in air.
Cyclohexanone is produced by oxidizing cyclohexanol with dilute nitric acid or with the aid of zinc oxide catalysts at a higher temperature. It is obtained in the laboratory by oxidizing chromium (VI) salts such as sodium dichromate. In the catalytic oxidation of cyclohexane, it is formed in a mixture with cyclohexanol.
Cyclohexanone is an important intermediate in the chemical industry for the production of raw materials such as ε-caprolactam or adipic acid for the production of synthetic fibers. For example, ε-caprolactam is required to manufacture perlon, while adipic acid is used to manufacture nylon. Cyclohexanone is also suitable as a solvent for PVC, synthetic resins or basic dyes.
- What was the longest Apollo mission
- When will Donald Trump discuss Hillary Clinton?
- What is nappestacking in geology
- Why can't I meet him
- How does Israel feel about LGBTQ
- All spray paint is oil based
- What causes someone to develop learned helplessness
- Is theater the expression of society
- What is the square root of 4628
- What kind of animal is a tabby
- What is the Lower Court of Liberia
- Are there Sindhi societies in Sharjah
- What is brestrogen
- What is the most amazing video game
- Ciprofloxacin poisoned me
- Why do DSLR cameras need shutters
- Do people need fairness cream?
- Why do you search again
- What is the function of cleansing creams
- Should I listen to music critics
- Why are Steinboecke withdrawing?
- Where is Malawi 1
- You can laminate glitter cardboard
- What are some important facts about cryptocurrency