What is half of 133 00
Double and halve
This article is about doubling and halving in math. The following content is offered here:
- A Explanation for doubling and halving numbers.
- It will Examples calculated for a better understanding.
- You get tasks or. Exercises with sample solutions.
- A Video explains fundamental relationships in mathematics.
- A Question and answer area on the subject of doubling and halving.
We'll look at how to double or halve numbers in a moment. First of all, however, it is very important that students know the numbers from 1 to 20 and can count forwards or backwards. If you can't do this yet, please read the article counting up + down first. On this website we also offer similar articles such as neighbor numbers or plus tasks + minus tasks up to 20.
Explanation of doubling and halving
Sometimes math is about doubling or halving numbers. This is exactly what we would like to deal with in more detail here. Let's start with doubling: To do this, you take a number and add the same number to it again.
- 1 + 1
- 2 + 2
- 3 + 3
- 4 + 4
- and so on.
When cutting in half, we reverse the step. We'll look at examples of doubling and halving right away. Before doing this, let's take a quick look at some of the mathematical backgrounds: Important: In 1st grade, multiplication and division are not normally used. Therefore only a short information about this follows.
A doubling is obtained by multiplying a number by 2.
Halving is obtained by dividing (dividing) a number by 2.
Doubling and halving examples
Let's look at examples in this area of math. Let's start with doubling.
- 2 + 2 = 4
- 3 + 3 = 6
- 4 + 4 = 8
- 5 + 5 = 10
- 6 + 6 = 12
- 7 + 7 = 14
- 8 + 8 = 16
We go the opposite way with the halving.
- 4 = 2 + 2
- 6 = 3 + 3
- 8 = 4 + 4
- 10 = 5 + 5
- 12 = 6 + 6
- 14 = 7 + 7
In principle, you only have to be able to carry out simple additions here.
Doubling and halving tasks / exercisesShow:
Double + Halve video
Examples and explanations
In the next video I'll show you how to double or halve numbers. Various examples are calculated and explained.
Next video »
Doubling + Halving: Questions and Answers
In this area we look at typical questions and answers about doubling and halving numbers.
Q: Are there any books on doubling and halving numbers?
A: Yes there is. For example Math Stars 1 Basic Knowledge from the Oldenburg publishing house.
Q: How do you generally double or halve numbers?
A: You can double by multiplying by 2, halving by dividing by 2.
Q: What other topics should I check out?
A: Here is a list of important basic math topics:
- What is the science behind alcohol withdrawal
- What is the career advice after 10
- How do I have children
- What's the name of the people in New Hampshire
- Is airplane singular or plural
- What does it mean about your skis
- How can you take control of fear
- What is discount dentist plan
- This question has been deleted 68
- Which animals do not produce milk
- Why are fitness memberships so expensive
- How many children does Khloe Kardashian have
- Invest a valid alternative to college
- How do I say Frijoles in English
- Where can I download H12 223 dumps
- How much computing power does Google have
- What about a BSc in Neuroelectrophysiology
- Stars can burn cold
- Which song has the best guitar riff
- Where's Google Play on Kindle Fire
- Physical attraction makes a relationship last
- What is a queer femme
- How to buy Redmi Note 7S
- Is stamp duty tax deductible?