What are the best infrastructure automation tools
Infrastructure automation with Ansible
Redmine products / infrastructure automation with Ansible
The more servers a company has to manage, the more time they spend on configuration and administration increases. In addition, manual activities lose both transparency and quality. Those who automate correctly can automatically solve up to 90 percent of all problems that arise in a company's infrastructure. Assuming you invest the time in the later time-saving automation of repetitive activities.
Benefits of automation
Automation tools like Ansible are the best solution in such cases. It enables easier deployment, operations, and scaling (for example, with rapid business growth). Important advantages of tools like Ansible for infrastructure automation are:
- Central configuration option
- Reduction of the susceptibility to errors
- Increase in quality and profitability
- Increased transparency through the possibility of reproduction
Ansible is a tool for the configuration and administration of servers. It is relatively easy to automate repetitive tasks. Regardless of whether it is a single system or a large number of them. It is available as open source software under the GNU General Public License for DevOps around the world.
The maintainer is Michael DeHaan, who started the project written in Python in February 2012. Only about a year later (March 2013) the company was Ansible Works founded. Which different products and support services offered around Ansible. The Company Red hat, Inc. added Ansible Inc. to its product portfolio in October 2015. It is now used for automation in many well-known companies.
Meaning for programming
Ansible is one of the tools that is preferred for automating processes that would otherwise take a lot of time and often without professional quality control to be carried out manually. In our opinion, Ansible has the following advantages over other tools of this type (e.g. Puppet, Chef, SaltStack etc.):
- The minimal equipment makes it easy to use with the same efficiency. The system status is described by means of easy-to-write and read YAML files (= Ansible Playbooks).
- The tasks are controlled and grouped using the so-called playbooks. In principle, you write everything in as you want the system to be. Frequently recurring elements are stored in so-called Playbook roles and can use it multiple times.
- You don't need to install a lot. All that is needed on the system is an SSH server, Git and a current Python installation (a scripting language that comes with every current Linux system).
- And the learning curve is steep. Ansible helps to record the knowledge in the configuration (Ansible setup), so that a DevOps successor can simply continue working where it left off at any time. Because the code serves as documentation. Everything is reproducible.
AlphaNodes Ansible Playbooks: An Ansible playbook is an organized unit of scripts that define the work for a server configuration that is managed by the Ansible automation tool. You can find the playbooks we have made available to the public at Ansible Galaxy.
Infrastructure automation pays off
Infrastructure automation is certainly not an easy subject due to its complexity. It takes a lot of effort to learn the technology, concepts and systems and to master them safely. But due to the enormous potential, in our opinion it is worth investing the time. Because every company benefits from stable and comprehensible IT systems, simple deployment processes and automated solutions. To get started with Ansible, it is advisable to read the official documentation. We also offer support for Ansible.
- What was the most devastating landslide ever
- How important was New Caledonia in World War II
- Which state is losing the most population?
- Why is Paris known for fashion design
- Why is Google making Google Stadia free
- How is the density related to the pressure?
- How does religion shape a human person
- What is sulfamethoxazole TMP DS used for?
- This question has been deleted 68
- What is H3PO4 used for?
- Which is the best water purification technology
- I will do something good in life
- Can you recover from a calorie deficit
- Shouldn't be the only basic operator
- How can you take control of fear
- When do we get strawberries in Maharashtra
- Where does the word gutter come from?
- Unmarried couples can stay in Treebo Tals
- How do I impress my ex girlfriend
- Are the presidential debates useful or useless
- Did the Nazis allow privatization?
- How do I write a legal paper
- Why does nobody believe the big bang?
- Who is the best drummer living today