Is atherosclerosis hereditary
Calcification of the arteries: causes & risk factors
Cause: atherosclerotic plaques
Atherosclerosis occurs as a reaction to damage to the inner layer of the arterial wall adjacent to the blood. This damage can be triggered by mechanical injuries, bacterial toxins, viruses or immune reactions.
As a result of the damage to the cell layer of the inner vascular wall, muscle cells multiply from the middle layer of the vascular wall and migrate into the innermost layer of the wall. In addition, the storage of fat leads to the formation of foam cells in the innermost and middle layers. Over a longer period of time, focal tissue changes (plaques) develop, which are characteristic of the picture of arteriosclerosis and often also have clear calcium deposits.
To date, all the causes of arteriosclerosis are probably not exactly known, but there are four main factors that have a decisive influence on the risk of the disease.
- Elevated cholesterol
- Diabetes mellitus
- High blood pressure
Genetic factors are also of importance (whereby, for example, an increased cholesterol level and diabestes mellitus can be inherited), pronounced, long-term stress, an increased uric acid level and, in addition, rare changes in the blood count.
Admittedly old age is accompanied by hardening of the arteries, but without other factors the plaques described tend to develop rather rarely.
People in whose families there are frequent deaths as a result of heart attacks or strokes or diseases of the peripheral blood vessels should, on the one hand, ensure a healthy lifestyle or avoid risk factors and, on the other hand, have an initial medical examination carried out as a precaution at least from the age of 50.
- Can you explain the notations used here
- How is the oil rate determined
- Why does the Veracruz accent sound Guatemalan
- Why did the Trojans worship Greek gods?
- What is the business culture
- Which animals are unexpectedly cute
- Why is ARM assembly easier than x86
- What is the oldest hotel in India
- Which language is not important in grammar
- Title and deed are the same
- What are nested classes in C ++
- How is Royal Enfield's accessories store?
- Red Bull How does Red Bull work
- Which ancient handicrafts do you master?
- What are the concepts of agroforestry
- What is add__ in Python
- What is the McDonalds Monopoly Scam
- An Indian degree is worth it
- What is critical about CDA
- Why do Beats headphones have special editions
- What does a communist do
- Who is Sneha Rane from Ahmedabad Gujarat
- What are the functions of investment banking
- Why were Bonnie and Clyde killed
- Who is the Minister of Education of Gujarat
- Left-handed people are better at math
- How can you steal a bus
- Is the character in Half Girlfriend real?
- What does fully comprehensive insurance cover
- Polarized American society is really bad
- What is half of 120
- What is the ideal food for dessert
- Is there a device with zero resistance
- Is Chegg com worth it