What is a good social media structure
Social Media for Beginners Part 8: Structure and Order for Social Media Marketing
After we have worked our way through the social media "jungle" - and have developed a social media strategy, in this 8th chapter I will write about the tiresome topic of "time-wasting social media". Because Facebook in particular can be an enormous time killer, and there are also some other pitfalls that you should be aware of. Structure and order for social media marketing is important, and PR on the Internet can only be designed in the long term with awareness, serenity and discipline.
If you are on Facebook, you probably know it: every few hours (or even minutes) you take a quick look to see whether something “important” has happened, and when added up, these short visits result in remarkable periods of time that actually disrupt everyday life can. Xing and Twitter are less hairy, and maintaining the blog is another case in itself: The main risk here is that the planned articles will be pushed further and further - and the blog, which is so important, gradually becomes a stepchild of social media marketing! So let's start with Facebook:
Time wasting Facebook: what can I do to structure Facebook
Facebook is a private network, and only those who present themselves as a company “to touch” on Facebook will gain sympathy and trust there. Of course, you can choose to post only news, product information and / or offers on the fan page, but in this case, too, it is important for success to present the texts, images, videos, links in an emotionally pleasant way. If the Facebook fan page is more than a “nice to have”, there is no avoiding an editorial plan and campaigns to increase the number of fans and improve the interaction rate. Only those who order their “Facebook house” well can later tap into new target groups via Facebook ads (advertisements) and find customers for products and services on Facebook. Here are a few tips for time structure on Facebook:
- Draw up an editorial plan and take it seriously: Structure and order also mean freedom from a guilty conscience and stress. Incidentally, if you enter exactly on which days you have planned which activities on Facebook in your calendar, you can concentrate on the reactive side. But before you set frequencies (like twice a week 😉), be sure to check out successful Facebook fan pages. I'm afraid you need more than one post a day to be seen and noticed ...
- Use the list of groups and pages on the desktop and smartphone: You can quickly and easily see at a glance whether something new has happened on your fan page, your profile or your groups. You can see this on the desktop on the start page - in the list on the smartphone at the bottom right. If you follow your editorial plan in a disciplined manner, this list is your guide through the Facebook jungle. Every two or three hours it is enough to briefly check whether someone has commented or posted. It takes 15 seconds and is no work - you just have to get used to it!
- The personal Facebook profile as a time-wasting danger: Many self-employed / business owners mainly used their personal profile for their marketing. This makes a lot of sense, as the Facebook friends are much more active than the more distant fans (who usually see little of their fan pages in the timeline). The downside is that you get caught up in conversations, likes and comments very quickly ...
My advice: Don't despair and just trust your instincts. The main thing is to stay personal and show interest in the activities of your friends. Even if the conversations are actually very private, sympathy, trust and loyalty grow. Your editorial plan ensures the profitable part of the PR - everything else shouldn't lose the fun of small talk with lots of friends. Keep calm! If it fits, you check it out more often, if not then not. Nobody takes this offense, because everyone else feels the same way with Facebook! After all, everyone has to work and don't have that much time.
Bad conscience Blogredaktion: We can discipline myself to write
In contrast to Facebook, there is a risk with the blog that you do not take the editorial plan that has been drawn up really seriously. Again and again one comes up with excuses why one pushes the planned articles further back. The reason is clear: Facebook posts, comments, likes are works in seconds - blog articles take at least an hour, more often two or three ... Here are a few tips to avoid procrastinating
- Combine the blog with a newsletter: Blog articles are only found and read if you connect them to social signals and mail notifications. So you should definitely post the blog article on Facebook, Twitter, Xing and Google+ (also works automatically) and get a newsletter that sends the blog articles to subscribers as linked teasers on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. Be on time with your newsletter and after a few months this job will become your flesh and blood. Even if you only have 30 subscribers initially, that's fine. It is important that you do not disappoint these people, who you WANT to read, and therefore write reliably and distribute the content.
- Make a list of exciting topics: The editorial plan for a blog usually looks like that, although rough categories are defined (instructions, tips, news from the company, news about products, interviews ...), there is still scope for the exact articles. We encounter ideas for such blog articles every day - but we usually forget about them quickly unless we write them down! Proceed like a journalist or a writer. You can use your smartphone to quickly jot down an idea in a list - or you can use a pad and pen. When you see on your calendar that it is your “turn” today with a new blog article, you can take inspiration from your list.
- Remember, your readers will appreciate short articles! You know that from yourself: You find an interesting headline on a topic, open the link and think “Oh dear, that's a lot to read”. In fact, people often want brief information, inspiration, affirmation, emotion - and you don't have that much work! Make a reference to a great video, write a short life wisdom, teaser an article from another blogger or a newspaper, summarize something - your readers will thank you if you simply write blog articles such as "extended posts" - 200 words are enough. And of course you can simply add text to a few photos - this cross-media content is what makes blogs unique!
General information on structure and order in social media marketing
In addition to Facebook, blog and newsletter, there are also Xing, Twitter, Google+, Foursquare, Pinterest and possibly other networks! Not to forget the many e-mails, which also require care and timely response. So here are a few general tips on how to organize the daily routine in such a way that you do not sink into excessive demands and chaos:
- Morning, noon, evening - everything else is a free choice: In the morning before, during or after breakfast, you should briefly check your e-mails and activities in social networks. Also at a certain time at noon - and then again after work or in the late afternoon. That is feasible and gives peace of mind. In fact, there is no way around checking three times a day, because nowadays customers / interested parties / network partners expect that you react promptly to their emails, posts, messages. It's only looser on Twitter - there you can easily overlook if you've been mentioned in a tweet. The medium is so incredibly fast that the individual tweets are not so pregnant with meaning.
- Hire an employee or add an external service provider: Of course, a craftsman who is on the construction site cannot control his digital communication in the morning, at noon and in the evening! This is also not possible in many (most) other professions. In these cases, the strategy must already specify who will take on this important task. Because the “morning, noon, evening” is a prerequisite for dialogue on the web. Most of the time, effective social media marketing requires two hours a day (for smaller companies), which must be guaranteed if you are really pursuing marketing goals.
- Put absolute trust in the agents and remain the contact person: Social media marketing requires spontaneity and timely responses. This only works if you can act independently without having to constantly have the articles, posts, reactions approved. Of course, blog articles can first be presented to superiors / customers, but even then the client should try to criticize or correct as little as possible. Social media needs creativity and freedom. The scissors in the head destroy the impartiality and lead to a huge drop in productivity. The very first rule should therefore be: Those who do something receive respect, gratitude and recognition. That inspires and lets ideas grow and flourish.
Do you want to venture into social media? Do you pursue marketing goals on the Internet such as customer acquisition, search engine optimization, customer loyalty? We support you with courses, consulting, coaching and services. Give us a call and tell us what you want - then we are sure to find exactly the right way ...
Business Academy Ruhr GmbH
Tel .: 0231/77 64 150
Email: [email protected]
The next social media courses here on our website
Social media for beginners - in 10 chapters:
- How do I start - Xing?
- How do I get started - Facebook?
- How do I start - blogging?
- The chapter for the social media objectors
- Social media and privacy
- Objectives for social media
- The social media strategy
- Structure and order for social media marketing
- Dos and don'ts on social media
- Success measurement and constant improvement
For almost twenty years in the "free wilderness" Eva Siefeldt founded both a registered cooperative for business start-ups in 2004 and an academy for the training of social media entrepreneurs in 2011. For a long time she was a lecturer and trainer for marketing, communication and social media. Today she works as a coach for people in professional change. Your strength is to accept current situations, to recognize visions and to develop strategies together with your clients, which also prove themselves in practice. Mobile: 0176 80528749 - Email: [email protected]steadynews.de
- How did the Blue Man Group start?
- Can genetic disorders be prevented?
- What is Zozo the demon for?
- Why are ghosts seen in clothing
- What are some quiet shinee songs
- Who was Frank Sinatra's most unlikely friend
- What's your favorite makeup remover wipe
- Who should be the next top leader of Iran?
- How many heads did Lord Brahma have
- What are some methods to help relieve PTSD
- Have you regretted buying an iPad Pro?
- Can you weld aluminum with MIG
- What is a good DAW for beginners
- What is the largest possible file size
- Narcissists have willpower
- Can my car battery get wet?
- What is the total market cap potential of crypto currency
- What are the most soothing scents
- What is formal learning
- Who were the Byzantines before the Empire
- Whose Batman's buddy
- Do Narcissists Follow Your Media Why
- Are Bernie Sanders' guidelines good for America
- What are the biggest misunderstandings about grammar