What are some wearable status symbols
Please select the push services for which you would like to receive notifications.
Mainfranken and the world: stay informed!
Use our service for push notifications and we will always keep you up to date. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
You have blocked notifications in your browser. Please follow these steps to receive the push notifications from Main-Post.
| updated: 01/07/2016 3:03 p.m.
From the editorial office south
"60 years of unlimited listening - portable radios from a bygone era" is the name of the exhibition of old portable radios that can be seen in the gauKunst gallery in Gaukönigshofen. "With such a device you were the 'King' in the 1960s," says Professor Volker Potthast, pictured together with Martina Höfner from the gallery gauKunst. The animal nutrition expert has been fond of portable radios since his youth. For the exhibition, which can be seen from Saturday, February 1st from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the gauKunst, the Gaukönigshöfer selected 21 devices from his collection of 200 pieces. Surrounded by colorful handcrafted decorative and everyday objects made of ceramics, wood and fabric, the transistor radios are reminiscent of the years between 1953 and 1979. In addition to the 60-year-old "Pascha" tube radio from Krefft, there are portable radios from all over the world and from all well-known brands among the exhibits. The small radios began their triumphal march around the world at the beginning of the 1950s. The practical, small entertainment and information devices were soon seen as a status symbol for many young people who preferred to carry their portable radios with them on the street. Since the passionate collector is very interested in his treasures, not only the wood, plastic or leather panels show themselves in their original beauty after the general overhaul. Most of the inner workings of the devices are also still completely intact. On Saturday, February 15, Volker Potthast will be available to visitors to the gauKunst from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. for questions about portable radios.
Don't miss a thing:Subscribe to the newsletter for the Würzburg region and receive the most important news from your region by email three times a week.Topics & Authors
Exhibitions and public showsTo home page
- How do you avoid cheating in sports
- Who broke the two terms of office for the president?
- Were the Huns Asian or white
- How to remove blackheads from the nose
- What makes me a muslim
- What is the Wrapp Revenue Model
- What is a startup company 2
- How many Instagram accounts do you have
- How is law enforcement in Dubai
- Can an airplane be stable?
- What is a label in HTML
- How do artists connect with people
- What can I buy with Bitcoin
- How do you rate my question
- How does the eBay Cassini search engine work
- Who developed the software for train reservation systems
- What is parallelism in the database
- What is the importance of forensic dentistry
- How to change the Apple Watch band
- How often should a baby bathe
- What living violinists did Stradivarius play
- How to avoid dangling pointers in C.
- The dryer shrinks
- What is the best synthesizer