Can reflexology help with thyroid problems
But strong stimuli such as alternating showers, increasing footbaths and full-body brush massages also have a very good effect.
An overactive thyroid requires countermeasures. They should serve to remove heat and relax, as these processes dampen the activity of the thyroid gland.
Treading water, cold calf and neck wraps and cool upper body washes are particularly suitable.
Valerian, lemon balm or hops as well as warm (not hot!), Relaxing baths are suitable to calm the nervous system. Meditation, autogenic training, tai chi or similar calming types of movement are also very helpful.
9. Solve emotional conflicts
Of course, psychological problems can also contribute to an overload of the body. Since the thyroid stands for growth and development on a psychological level, traumatic experiences that occurred as a child and manifested during development can be connected with the development of a later thyroid disease.
Hostile feelings, inexplicable fears or strong aggression are just a few of the possible effects that can be found in childhood and manifest themselves in thyroid disease in adulthood.
Therefore, the recommendation applies here to concretize a possibly given emotional stress with the help of an experienced therapist so that it can finally be resolved. Often this also solves the thyroid problem at the same time.
Support your body with a thyroid disease
Thyroid disease can significantly affect the quality of life. From a conventional medical point of view, mostly permanent medication (up to and including surgery) is seen as the only possible therapy for the thyroid gland. However, as you now know, you can take an active part in the recovery of your thyroid yourself. The more sustainably you relieve your body (see helpful measures), the more energy it will have to regulate the thyroid functions that are out of balance.
So your body is quite capable of healing itself in many situations. However, you have to support him if you do not want to be dependent on medication for life.
You can find information on the symptoms, possible causes, correct diagnosis and holistic approach to an underactive thyroid via the respective links in this sentence.
* An exciting book on the thyroid can be found here: Heal Your Thyroid: The Truth About Hashimoto
Note: If you are already taking thyroid medication, please never stop taking them on your own! Life-threatening symptoms could develop. At best, the drugs can be slowly tapered off - and only with the agreement and support of your doctor or alternative practitioner.
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, e.g. to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. With this we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How does a hard-boiled egg explode?
- Love marriage is a criminal offense in India
- How do I access Hotmail on my cell phone
- What is the best drink after the sauna
- How is music remembered?
- Enables Robinhood to purchase margin stocks
- Is Neferpitou sexless
- Is there really a car sharing app
- How important is bioinformatics for drug development
- Anyone smarter than Elon Musk
- What is brestrogen
- Can innovation be a value
- How does watching movies improve learning?
- Programming languages are being replaced
- Has anyone ever drifted into space
- How nutritious is ginger
- Is Brussels a cool city
- All INTJs become successful in life
- What makes a prayer come alive?
- How did you achieve the self-esteem refresh
- How useful is an electric kitchen fireplace
- What do Mexicans do well
- What is a byte addressable memory
- How many KG 1 Kuvindal are there