What does 94T mean on a tire
What do the numbers and letters on the tire mean?
Have you ever taken a close look at your car tire? On the side wall there is a code consisting of numbers and letters, such as:185/65 R15 88 T. But what does this combination mean? You'll find the answer below, but first let's get closer to the theory.
The tire dimension in theory
Read from left to right the numbers or letters say the following about the tire:
- Nominal width of the tire in millimeters
- relationship from the flank height (shaft height) to the tread width in percent
- Is it aDiagonal- orRadial tires? (So the construction of the carcass)
- How tall is heRim diameter in inches?
- Which value (in kilograms) resultsLoad index?
- What is the maximum loud speedSpeed index (Speed category)?
- additional Designations
Buy winter tires online
Danger: When buying winter tires, it is essential to pay attention to the dimensions. If in doubt, please consult the vehicle description or ask a trusted workshop.
The tires listed here all come from last year's winter tire test, the results from 2019 will be published here at the end of September.
The top 5 in size 175/65 R14
- Rely on impressive braking performance on wet winter days
- Trust in reliable braking even on wintry roads
- Stay on track even in snow - especially when cornering
- Auto Zeitung Ausgabe (24/2020) tested the size 205/55 R 16. Quality rating for the WinterContact TS 860: "Very recommendable". Unreserved recommendation and the best ...
- Scope of delivery: 1x Continental WinterContact TS 860 - 175/65 R14 82T - D / B / 71 - winter tires (car) - tires without rim (please select the correct quantity before purchasing)
The top 4 in size 205/55 R16
The tire dimension in practice
So for example it can be due to the dimension185/65 R15 88 T the following can be determined:
- The tire width is185 mm
- The tire cross-section, i.e. the percentage ratio of the side height to the tire width, is65 %
- R. tells us that it is a radial tire
- The tire inner diameter is15 inch
- According to the load index88 the maximum permissible load per tire is 560 kg
- The code letterT The speed index means that a maximum speed of 190 km / h is permitted
Graphic: What does the code on the tire mean?
Some of the links listed here are so-called affiliate links. If you click on such an affiliate link and shop via this link, autorevue.at receives a commission from the online shop or provider concerned. For the user or. Buyer does not change the price!
- Why is Othello killing Desdemona
- What makes the birthday cake taste better
- Mantani JNTU College is good
- What is schema-free DB
- What makes whiskey smooth
- Why is there no synchronized door lock
- What are the top Quora Hindi apps
- What's your favorite burger patty meat
- Lexapro can cause headaches
- Why does nobody believe the big bang?
- How to choose a professional slicer
- Has Burts Bees parabens
- What is the meaning of the Shabbat
- Why does the undertaker wear a mask
- Can Jungle Raj return in Bihar
- What is Cinque Terre famous for
- What's wrong with my voice
- Where can I find accident attorney NC
- Made Stradivari cellos
- What is the best leak-proof tampon on the market
- Why does random itching occur
- Why can't India openly support Israel?
- Who was the first to calculate the speed of rotation?
- An e-commerce website with souvenirs