Where does the word gutter come from?
Fixing the system
The gutters are attached to the roof with specially shaped holders that are mounted on the roof structure (usually the top of rafters).
In the case of longer channels made of metal, expansion devices in the form of channel overlaps, spacers or expansion plates must be installed. The gutter is connected to the downpipe using the so-called gutter boiler or shaped drainage nozzle.
Take the gradient into account
Gutters can be laid without a slope. Then, however, the water is in it, which is not a structural defect, as long as the reduced volume is still large enough for the rainwater to be drained off properly.
In the case of horizontal installation, there may also be a slight opposite slope in some areas. However, this does not result in any recognizable disadvantages. The layers of sand or earth that are blown in over time and that remain in the gutter on a horizontal or flat slope are also unproblematic.
Usually gutters are laid with a 0.5% to 2% slope. A slope of the gutter across the length is not required. However, the rear edge of the gutter should have an elevation of around 8 to 20 mm compared to the front, depending on the size of the gutter, in order to ensure that the water overflows forwards, i.e. as far away from the outer wall as possible, in the event of a backwater. DIN EN 612 specifies exact dimensions for the rear camber (e.g. 11 mm for the most widely used nominal sizes 280, 333 and 400, each semicircular).
- What is considered a low resolution
- How is a bone marrow biopsy performed
- When is Quora planning an open API
- What should a product manager actually know
- Why is Flipper called Flipper
- Which MCU character was wasted the most
- How is FDDI for MBA
- What happens to old infantry rifles
- How can I reduce idle CPU usage
- Should I replace my computer screen myself
- Why don't Indian mothers understand inflation
- Is there really any financial intelligence
- What are financial quants
- What is more difficult golf or baseball
- Does it feel physically good to smile?
- Who would win Warhammer 40k or RWBY
- Why is keyword research a big process
- Why sucks Minecraft
- Why were black slaves cheaper in 1619
- What do you think of Kate Upton
- What is 5 in decimal
- May Infosys overtake the TCS position one day
- Can I learn French without taking lessons
- What is JK Rowling's new book