How is the tonicity related to the osmosis?
The osmotic concentration is important in relation to the whole organism, since the milieu for biochemical and cell-physiological processes depends on it. It is precisely regulated; the center for this is the hypothalamus, which has neuronal and humoral access to correct the osmolality - if necessary. Starting points for this regulation are on the one hand the intake and on the other hand the excretion of water and salt - i.e. thirst, possibly salt appetite, and kidney function.
Dehydration means too little and overhydration an increased amount of fluid in the body. Usually one means the condition of the extracellular space (in the case of intracellular deviations this is called). Changes in hydration can be isotonic, hypotonic, or hypertonic. The water always moves over (cellular, epithelial) boundary layers to the side of the higher concentration of dissolved substances (osmosis); there are characteristic clinical examples of each of these disorders.
The normal range of osmolality is narrow, roughly between 280 and 295 mOsm (corresponding to a sodium concentration of around 145 mM). Vasopressin secretion and blood levels change with osmolality; Below ~ 280 mOsm they are practically zero, above ~ 290 mOsm they increase, and above ~ 290 mOsm a feeling of thirst begins to have an additional effect (drinking water reduces the osmolality of the body fluids).
- Well worth immigration to Greece
- Why is it important to take notes 1
- How is Vadodara City 1
- Are homeopathic doctors real doctors
- Trust GMO foods
- Why is math so important
- Why is it lawyers
- When is Quora planning an open API
- How does Bitonic Sort
- What does acceptance mean for you
- An e-commerce website with souvenirs
- What do you use Instapaper for
- What is derivatives trading in simple terms
- What is the name of the cloud in Tamil?
- What is it like to be Sami?
- Why is virtual reality so popular
- Is Aeroflot Airlines reliable and affordable
- What is the charge of a dipole
- What is SC test in the transformer
- What are some fashion disasters in Bollywood
- What does an application architect do
- How can I order beer online
- If x 75 84 what is x
- Does Satan have the power to bless