What happened to the elections in Sri Lanka
This is the result of the parliamentary elections in Sri Lanka (source: German Wikipedia):
|Party / electoral alliance||Abbreviation||voices||percent||Seats|
a total of
|United National Front for Good Governance||UNFGG||5.098.916||45,66||13||93||106|
|United People’s Freedom Alliance||UPFA||4.732.664||42,38||12||83||95|
|Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna||JVP||543.944||4,87||2||4||6|
|Tamil National Alliance||TNA||515.963||4,62||2||14||16|
|Sri Lanka Muslim Congress||SLMC||44.193||0,40||0||1||1|
|Eelam People’s Democratic Party||EPDP||33.481||0,30||0||1||1|
|All the rest together||169.227||1,52||0||0||0|
|Total valid votes||11.166.991||100,0||29||196||225|
|Total eligible voters||15.044.490|
“The UNP or UNFGG won a total of 106 parliamentary seats (47.1%) and thus just missed an absolute majority. However, as before, the UNP can count on parliamentary support from the JVP and the SLMC. The TNA is also fundamentally positive about Prime Minister Wickremesinghe's reform agenda. In the UPFA / SLFP there is also a "reform group" that President Sirisena would like to support. "
World Socialist Web Site
- Is Anderson Cooper's hair really white?
- Is Delhi a city or a state?
- What is the official currency in Belarus
- Which operating system is better for networking students
- How do online communities fight spam?
- Why is pop more popular than rock
- Why is Paris known for fashion design
- Can cars run on hydrogen?
- How should I start learning the tensor flow
- What does ADT stand for
- Who is the 1st God
- What facial expressions show concern
- Chopin wrote a rhapsody
- What is the sphere function in Python
- How did the First World War last?
- What is the Grand Canyon made of
- What are some underrated phish songs
- Can humans eat invasive killer algae
- How good is Belgium at football
- What is the most exciting career in technology
- What is the favorite pastime of Thailand
- Will Apple decide not to release the iPhone 11?
- Why am I wearing a social mask
- What does a lonely soul long for?