What are the benefits of grilling food
grilling (Switzerland. grill) is one of the elementary cooking methods and is an internationally known and popular method of preparation. The special thing about grilling is that no additional oil or fat has to be used, but that the heat of the fire is used to cook the food. In addition to traditional grilling on the grill, you can also use skewers.
Word origin 
The word "grill" is a loan word from the French griller and English to grillwhich means "to fry on a broiler". Both words are from Latin craticulum derived, which means "wattle".
In Switzerland they say grill, in Spanish speaking countries the grill is a Barbacoa, in Italy it is the Griglia, in France the Gril, in Portuguese the Grelha. In the English-speaking world (and in the Netherlands) one speaks of barbecue.
The special thing about grilling is that once a large, dry heat is generated over the embers, so that the pores of meat and fish close quickly, just like when seared, and the taste is retained. The meat stays juicy, but also gets crispy on the outside. On the other hand, aromas of grilling are accepted by the meat. So many people pour beer over the grilled food, on the one hand to extinguish the fire in the grill, on the other hand this taste is also distributed to the grilled food. This method is, however, controversial: the taste of the beer has little chance of affecting the food to be grilled, In addition: the deglazing with liquids whirls up soot particles from the charcoal, which then adhere to the grilled meat and are considered carcinogenic. Therefore, quenching should be avoided. To reduce the flames in the grill, the food should be dabbed before placing it on the grill to remove excess marinade.
The interesting thing about grilling is that you can not only grill sausages and steaks, but also fish, vegetables and fruits. Mushrooms and potatoes are suitable e.g. B. excellent, onions, zucchini, aubergines, peppers or tomatoes. When it comes to fruits, we can particularly recommend apples, which later taste like baked apples. A pinch of cinnamon and you're done. Pineapple, peach or banana (wrapped in aluminum foil with honey) can also be cooked on the grill.
Marinated foods are particularly suitable for grilling, be it meat or vegetables. This has the advantage of longer shelf life.
Types of grill 
A distinction is made between open and closed grill systems.
- The open grill systems cook the food using sheer heat that rises or radiates from the embers. "Column grills" are to be preferred here because the air rising through the holes in the lower area of the grille with adjustable opening width creates one Chimney draft causes the charcoal to glow better.
- The closed systems (lockable with a lid or similar, too Kettle grill Grill systems also cook with the captured hot air that has not escaped and, through the use of smoking chips, for example, allow the grill food to be flavored, i.e. also cook with hot smoke. They are also called Smoker.
- Swivel grill, popular in southwest Germany: The grilled food is cooked over a wood fire using circular movements on a mostly round grill grate that is hung on a tripod or a gallows. Suitable for a larger group of guests.
- Charcoal grill: Grilling on charcoal is truly one of the most beautiful types of preparation. All types of meat, fish and vegetables can be prepared in a distinctive way. The literature on this subject is almost inexhaustible on the Internet and in bookshops.
- Gas grill, the heat is generated briefly and can be regulated by controlling the gas supply.
- Lava stone gas grill
- Electric grill
Setting up the grill, lighting & types of charcoal 
- The grill must always be set up on a level surface without wobbling, making sure that there is enough space around it.
- If you want to eat grilled food with pleasure, the charcoal and the type of ignition should be important.
- Use pure beech charcoal if you want it to be quick and the embers are not needed for long.
- Use grill briquettes if grilling takes a little longer. Wait until the embers are covered with white ash before placing the meat.
- Ideal: Mixing charcoal and grill briquettes
- The coal pieces should be evenly sized.
- Ignition chimneys are suitable for lighting (the charcoal is ignited in a cylinder with paper, coconut chips or the like and glowed through with a chimney effect). Egg cartons and liquid lighters are also suitable if they are used according to the instructions.
- Alcohol or gasoline not suitable for lighting , as (invisible) flames form, which can cause serious injuries to the grill master. Containers can also explode from flammable vapors!
- Keep children and pets away!
- Grease the grid with bacon or oil if it is not yet hot.
- Gloves, grill utensils and a grill apron protect against burns.
Willingness to grill 
The grill is heated up when the charcoal is covered with a layer of white ash. Unpleasant smelling substances such as binding agents from briquettes have now evaporated and no longer disturb the taste of the food to be grilled.
Grilled food - embers - distance 
- Take the food out of the refrigerator two hours before grilling.
- The distance between the food to be grilled and the embers depends on the temperature of the embers and the desired cooking time. Please note: Place thick pieces of meat higher than thin or sausages. If the hand cannot be held painlessly for at least 3 seconds at the level of the grillage, the grillage must be placed one level higher.
- Do not prick the food with a fork! Valuable meat juice is lost here and flashes of fire can occur.
- After grilling, the meat should rest for a few minutes (in aluminum foil).
Grill and accessories
For grilling, gloves, barbecue tongs, a long-handled brush (to coat the grilled food with oil) and a coal shovel, with which you can move the embers (to influence the heat), or an adjustable grate.
Clean grill 
Unfortunately that is also part of it: the grill cleaning. The simplest method: The grill grate is placed on the damp grass overnight. The next morning, the grill residue can (almost) effortlessly be washed off under running water. Cleaning with brushes, sponges or the like is a little more time-consuming. To do this, we recommend spraying with an oven cleaner beforehand.
- Grilling is not a hectic process. Take your time and grill with moderate heat.
- Grilling requires attention: Always stay on the grill and check the browning of the food more often.
- When the grill burns, fat from the meat or marinade drips into the embers. Therefore, the marinade should be removed from the meat before grilling: The aroma is retained because the seasoning has penetrated the meat.
- Do not fill the entire grill surface with glowing coals: This gives you 2–3 temperature zones over which you can optimally distribute your food.
- To be on the safe side: prepare water for extinguishing
- Grilled food
- Grill lean meat for a short time (beef / lamb / pork fillet), wrap in aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook poultry through (lower heat, longer time)
- Grill more fat meat longer, it has to be nice and frizzy.
- Always add salt after grilling, otherwise meat and fish will dry out quickly
- Grill the fish in foil, banana leaves or in a turntable or basket as it disintegrates easily. However: aluminum reacts with acid and salt, therefore and for environmental reasons, use aluminum foil very sparingly.
- For smaller pieces (vegetables or meat), skewers, grill pans (with holes) or grill baskets are suitable. There are also grill attachments for holding woks.
Vary and try: dare!
Barbecue in winter
If you want to grill in cold temperatures in winter, there are a few tips to consider that can be ignored in the warm season:
- Only use grilles that have to be covered, lockable, because otherwise the grill heat will not have the desired effect. The food remains or becomes cold on the surface. Don't open the lid too often so that the heat doesn't escape too much!
- Only use propane gas-powered ones for gas barbecues, this gas remains liquid down to -42 ° C, while butane gas liquefies at 0 ° C.
- Do not use porcelain or plastic plates for serving, but paper plates, even if they may not look so nice: the latter keep the food warm better.
- If guests are expected, they should be advised when inviting them to bring warm clothing, especially warm shoes. Cover seating with cushions or blankets! An infrared heater, gas mushroom, patio heater, patio oven, fire basket or Mexican oven keeps the grill master and the guests warm. A hot punch can also be served. He keeps his hands warm, awakens the spirits and lifts the mood.
- If the location allows it: Create a good mood with garden torches that are firmly and securely in the ground and cannot fall over!
See also 
- Which YouTubers create videos of their travels
- Why are digestive enzymes so important
- What is the future technology to learn
- What is a quadratic inequality
- What are some wild cricket commentary moments
- How many ISRO centers are there
- What do you think of Kate Upton
- What luck rules
- Which is the best water purification technology
- What jobs require knowledge of Russian
- What's your favorite book for toddlers
- Why is Charles Barkley so charismatic
- Why I am so sad on my birthday
- Which artist sang the song Elephant?
- Trump dresses badly on purpose
- How cylinder walls are lubricated
- When did the word cosplay replace costume?
- What are the cons of GDP
- How does politics affect teachers?
- Who said follow nature
- How do you create value
- Why is IntelliJ IDEA so slow
- Denver represents what smells the most
- Support fracking