What do people believe in polytheism
Lexicon for the Kirchentag Pagan - and other views on God and faith
A Christian is a follower of Christianity. He is committed to Jesus of Nazareth and his teachings, which are handed down in the New Testament of the Bible. Part of the Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Jesus took on the guilt and sins of mankind on the cross and that the believers are forgiven by his death. Christians also believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Atheist and agnostic
An atheist believes that there is no god or gods. An agnostic assumes that the existence of a supernatural being, of a god or of gods can be assumed, but in principle cannot be rationalized or recognized. When asked whether there is God, an agnostic replies with "I don't know", "That is not clear" or "That cannot be answered". An atheist would answer this question in the negative and therefore could not be a believer. For the agnostic, on the other hand, ignorance does not exclude belief in a god or gods.
In addition to Christian, atheist and agnostic, there is also the term pagan. This is how people were and are often referred to who either do not belong to any religion or to another religion. It is not uncommon for the term to be used to devalue members of other religions as unbelievers. So a pagan is by no means an unbeliever. Even those who believe in several gods or are followers of a natural religion are pagans and sometimes even call themselves that. However, representatives of these religions are now called, for example, polytheists, new paganists or animists.
Heretics and blasphemy
Anyone who takes a different view of doctrine or prevailing opinion within a religious community is considered a heretic. Anyone who publicly denies, mocks or curses the beliefs of a religion is doing blasphemy. While in Western countries many statements about belief, religion and God fall under the freedom of religion, opinion and speech, blasphemy is a criminal offense in other countries. In Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran it carries the death penalty.
- Where are Jio phones on Jio Play
- How do cephalopods eat
- How can I recycle a kettle?
- Is photographic memory a real thing 1
- Does it feel physically good to smile?
- How to find your cervix
- What is the acceptance rate of IIMs
- How does music work with binaural beats
- What are the properties of thermal expansion
- How the internet is not helpful to students
- What causes cortical expansion depression
- Support fracking
- What is a carillon
- What is ch3Cooh + o3
- What is amphiesma
- How do doctors deal with death
- Can we chant maha mrityunjaya mantra every day
- Did you prove Hookes' law?
- String theorist Brian Greene is an atheist
- All good books on C ++ web programming
- What people don't forget
- What is Bhrigu Bindu
- Will Daesh be destroyed in the future
- Are people from London generally friendly
- Is religion dead in Britain?
- Why was Adam Taha banned
- Country music is growing in popularity
- What is the past tense of suggest
- Why do DSLR cameras need shutters
- What would be the millionth English word
- Can the President get a ticket?
- Who makes displays for Apple
- What is the prey of the spider monkey
- Where should I port my BSNL