You can put styrofoam sheets in the microwave
Can you use a “kosher” microwave at work?
This is a pretty broad question, and it seems like you would seek advice rather than a strictly halachic perspective.
In general, there shouldn't be a problem if the microwave is definitely only used by Jews and only kosher food is placed in it and it is only labeled as dairy or just meat. The main reason I say "Jews only" is because there might be a problem from "Bishul Akum" even if a non-Jew puts kosher food or even a potato in it.
In practice, however, I would not recommend doing this in a mixed environment. I find most workers are both careless and "carefree". Non-kosher foods are likely to end up in the microwave by mistake or even on purpose. There are many Gentile and Jewish anti-Semites out there wanting to cause a problem and this is an easy way to demonstrate it and no one will tell the difference. When you're not there to watch, you've cooked your food in your oven and you've already eaten it. Basically, it is highly unlikely that anyone there will guarantee that the microwave will remain kosher unless a reliable Jew watches over everything that enters it.
Case in point: someone I know works at Price Waterhouse. He says that about 80% of the people on his floor are Yarmulke / Hut and / or "Zitzit-swinging" Jews. Despite this overwhelming majority, they will not put a kosher microwave in their pantry, largely for the reasons I have mentioned, and even among religious Jews, no two people have the same level of kashrut.
- Who sang the song Stache
- What is the best voltmeter or potentiometer
- What are the best football blog sites
- Ain't life that fair
- Psychopath, what can you give better stimulation
- Bitcoin would be profitable for the future
- What are the most underrated ski brands
- How to build a dock
- What does sniper fire mean
- I had tears of laughter is so normal
- Is Alex Trebek a Christian
- Is CESC a private or government organization
- Corrective eye surgery hurts
- How many escalators are there on the London Underground?
- How many gypsies Romas are in Turkey
- Has Warren Buffett bought any private stocks
- How can I learn network programming
- Tenderness is a feeling
- Why was Mama Cass fat
- What is the value of 121
- Which celebrities have you touched?
- Can innovation be a value
- What is a kalimba
- Why do MRI machines need helium
- What are soft big band music
- How does the precipitation begin?
- Google listen to me
- Are there future NBA teams
- Where is the Greek rescue money going?
- Why do children have to take physics
- Alfie is a Lebanese given name
- Is Islam a way of life
- Are Indonesian languages popular in the Netherlands
- Is there really a car sharing app