How often should a baby bathe
Baby: how often should parents bathe their offspring?
Daily bathing is not good for babies' skin. Because this is particularly sensitive. How often should the offspring go into the tub instead?
Daily bathing can dry out the sensitive and still thin skin of babies, warns the professional association of paediatricians (BVKJ). Bathing one to three times a week is enough for babies. Premature babies should therefore be bathed every four days; their skin has an even lower protective barrier at the beginning.
Do not bathe the newborn until the navel has healed
To protect against inflammation, the umbilical remnant must be skinned before the first bath. In addition, the body temperature must first stabilize before it is time for the first trip to the bathtub. The baby should not bathe in the first few weeks of life. Usually the aftercare midwife or pediatrician gives the go-ahead.
As soon as you can start, the following applies: You do not bathe on an empty stomach, but also not directly after a meal. Before taking in the bath water, check that the baby bath is secure. Have a towel ready. The water is ideally around body temperature (37 degrees). Check it with a thermometer so that it is not too hot or too cold. At best, it reaches just below or above the child's shoulders.
This is the best way to bathe the baby
Better than bubble baths and normal soaps are pH-neutral and lipid-replenishing additives. "Support your baby's head and neck with your non-dominant arm and let your baby slide into the water feet first. Hold your baby's back on your forearm and your head with your hand," says pediatrician Dr . Monika Niehaus. The bath should not last longer than five to ten minutes so as not to soften the skin too much.
For care afterwards, emollients (water-in-oil and oil-in-water emulsions) are ideal, especially those based on sunflower oil. Vaseline or paraffin oils are less suitable. According to an American study, they can promote bacterial attack on the skin. Powder should also be avoided during the newborn period: it can clog the skin pores and be accidentally inhaled by the baby.
more on the subject
- Baby development,
- When does the NFL 2014 season begin
- What do you think of your neighbor
- Why are people interested in magic
- What is the current sensor market
- Which artist sang the song Look away
- What are the elements of greatness
- What does a trustee do
- Will close UberEats
- Who made smoking cool
- What films are scary films based on?
- What Makes You an Excellent Electrical Technician
- Aluminum will rust outside
- What does Alivi mean in the law
- Is there anything worth taking seriously?
- How do you keep your knuckles from cracking
- Why do singers earn more than writers
- Who likes Ash Ketchum
- Why do they have canned organic vegetables
- What are the emerging alternatives to universities
- How does that differ from just
- When will quantum computers become commonplace?
- Hoarding runs in families
- What are some standard interview questions
- Sash windows can be repaired
- How is B R Ambedkar College
- How's the weather in Kingswood NSW
- Do I have to have an operation after a zygomatic bone fracture?
- What is the rose parade followed by
- What makes Europe so European
- What is your time for me
- Has anyone deleted UPSC at 35
- Why do we use layers in Photoshop
- How does a biogas plant work
- What is the purpose of reproduction