Which artist sang the song Mama
Schlager: The man who paid homage to "Mama Leone" is dead
"Mama Leone, you have to be an angel" - this is how one of the most poignant (and lucrative) declarations of love of the past decades begins. It was purely platonic. Benedetto Arico, who called himself Bino as an artist, dedicated his song to Mother Teresa. That was in 1997. It is not known whether he had the Catholic nun from Calcutta in mind 19 years earlier when he performed his song “Mama Leone” for the first time. He can now confess it to her. At the age of 57, Bino has now died in his native city of Palermo.
He had actually wanted to become an architect in order to continue his father's business. But the desire to become a musician was stronger. He took him to Germany in 1975, initially to the Black Forest, where he founded his first band. A music producer in Hamburg finally noticed him. He knew a song by Drafi Deutscher, which Mike Mareen had initially interpreted. Bino got the second chance in 1978.
"Mama Leone", sung in German and Italian, sold more than 20 million copies and was at the top of Central European charts for months. Two more songs ("Bambino", "Maria") followed, but with less success. But the hymn to the mother who sings “the evening song for us” was enough to give Bino a reasonably carefree life on Mallorca. In 1997 he dedicated his song to Mother Teresa. A musical comeback together with Drafi Deutscher failed a few years ago, however.
Bino returned to Palermo once more seriously ill. "In the end he had seven malignant tumors in his head," "Bild" quotes a friend. Bino's suffering is now over.
Advertisement: You can get the music from Bino at Amazon.de
- Who invented the propane gas grill
- When are the Beatles considered classic
- How did Tai Lopez start
- Like life at Elphinstone College Hostel
- How is Napster Andrew Weill's cat
- Is diabetes transmitted through blood contact
- What, according to biology, makes something come alive
- What is the coal mineral used for?
- Is there any sugar-free cotton candy
- What causes clouds of winds
- Why aren't Rickenbacker guitars more popular?
- Which large organizations use Google Apps
- How does the Arbonne business work
- Why do strangers always seem mean
- How many people live in Vermont
- What kind of narcissist is actually going to kill
- Who is Tartarus in Greek mythology
- Why is the moon ringing
- What are sisters and brothers
- Who would like Tiki Taka to come back
- What are holy cows
- Is the McAfee Antivirus good
- Which YouTubers create videos of their travels
- Why is IntelliJ IDEA so slow