What are the current writing competitions
The literary house's writing competition
Texts of the Month 2021 - The Big Twelve
The Literaturhaus Zürich has been running the “Texts of the Month” writing competition for 20 years, with the support of the Zürcher Kantonalbank. For each year, a topic is given that the participants should take up in their texts, at the end of each month a jury selects the “text of the month” from the entries.
The year 2020 raised many questions about the meaning of our (together) life, about what is important to us. In 2021 we will therefore be asking existentially about the “Big Twelve” - about those feelings and emotions that determine our lives and behavior. We provide eleven topics - in December you can decide for yourself what still belongs on this list for you.
We look forward to your texts!
Topics January to December
December: You decide (Attention, the deadline is December 5th!)
This is how the winning texts are chosen
At the end of each month, three jury members - the jury consists of Gesa Schneider and Isabelle Vonlanthen from the Literaturhaus Zürich as well as Florian Bissig, Catharina Fingerhuth, Elisa Fuchs, Christoph Kuhn, Jens Nielsen and Davina Rodgers - judge the entries and select the “Text of the Month”. This will be published on this page of the website in the following month.
Those are the laurels
The monthly winners will be invited to appear in the Literaturhaus and their texts will be published in an anthology, which will then be sent out to publishers and the media. The texts are proofread for the anthology.
Previous texts of the month
- How can pneumonia affect your health
- What does Hillary Clinton not understand about Brexit?
- Ban Udta Punjab backfires
- What nutrient deficiency causes hair loss
- Why are all terrorists Muslim
- Why is Kool Aid staining so strongly
- White is considered a printing color
- How is CamScanner useful for students?
- Which countries support Israel militarily?
- Is NLP part of AI
- What was Yelp's last review in 2009
- What is repair mechanism
- How to make strawberry cheesecake
- Yahoo Mail is still safe
- What is de-icing salt
- How do I record animal noises
- How dangerous is the Garlock bug
- How is the placement in the IMU Navi Mumbai
- Can WhatsApp messages be scheduled
- Why my website suddenly stopped working
- What confused you the most in college?
- What are the employment prospects for nanotechnology
- Interactive broker is good for beginners
- What is inner bond
- Why is technology better than medicine?
- What should I cook for a party
- Balanced cables sound better
- Which multivitamins would you recommend to others?
- Who sells the best hamburger in Virginia
- Why did Black Panthers wear berets?
- What do Indian Muslims think of yoga
- What is C 10 3
- How many noggins make up an Imperial pint