Who dies in Romeo and Juliet
Romeo & Juliet
The two Veronese families Capulet and Montague have been enmity for generations. Romeo, a Montague, snuck unnoticed at a Capulet costume party. There he meets Julia, the beautiful daughter of the Capulets. A moment is enough and the probably most famous lovers in world literature have found each other.
Following the impatience of their hearts, Romeo and Juliet are secretly married by Brother Lorenzo. The Franciscan monk hopes for the reconciliation of the warring families through the wedding.
But Romeo's life takes an unexpected turn. Tybalt, Julia's cousin, watches him in the market square and tries to provoke him to fight. Romeo refuses to respond to the provocations and Mercutio fights in his place. When Romeo steps between the fighters in order to prevent the threatening escalation of the dispute, it unintentionally becomes the cause of the murder of Mercutio. Blind with grief and anger over the death of his friend, he then stabs Tybalt to death. Romeo is then banished from Verona.
This leaves the lovers with one single night, which is of course far too short - their wedding night. At the first hoarse sound of the lark, Romeo flees to Mantua with a heavy heart. Paris asks for Juliet's hand and her parents, so far rather undecided, are pushing for an early wedding with the count. Julia desperately asks Brother Lorenzo for help. He gives her a potion that puts her in a death-like state for twenty-four hours.
On the morning of the wedding, the nurse finds the lifeless Julia, who is laid out in the family crypt of the Capulets. After she wakes up, she is supposed to meet Romeo there.
But the letter, which is supposed to inform Romeo of Lorenzo's plan, does not reach him because of a chain of unfortunate coincidences. Instead, he receives news of Julia's supposed death. He gets hold of a fast-acting poison and rushes back to Verona.
In the tomb of the Capulets he meets Count Paris, whom he mortally wounded in a furious battle. Romeo swallows the poison and dies at Juliet's feet. She wakes up a few moments later, realizes the failure of her plan and kills herself with Romeo's sword. Finally, over the corpses of their children, realizing the futility of their mutual hatred, the Capulets and Montagues put an end to their hostility.
Lorenzo: "Such wild joy comes to a wild end and dies in the highest victory, like fire and powder consumed in a kiss."
Shakespeare knew of the unbridled power that drives lovers towards one another.
But he, the most sovereign character actor of the human soul, also knew about weaknesses, flatnesses and abysses, about deeds entangled in contradictions.
He recognized what in human nature stood in the way, stands and has always stood in the way of the dream, which is present in all of us and strives for fulfillment, of the unconditionality of love, which overcomes all enmities.
- Why are grandparents so caring
- Foreign companies come to DTU
- Are atheists Islamophobic
- What are kosher clothing laws
- Which field is evergreen software or hardware
- Do scrambled eggs taste better with cheese
- Bigger plants have bigger cells
- Why is my computer making a humming noise
- Has anyone come to Bhangarh after opening hours
- What is the magnetic resonance of universes
- Visits a forensic scientist to crime scenes
- Which book has dramatically improved your business?
- Fair license fee for illustration
- Polarized American society is really bad
- What makes headlines news where you live
- Can you own a land in DC
- At what age does creativity decrease in children
- What is the mileage of Xuv500
- How does sociological imagination define personal problems?
- Opens Inkscape AI files
- Netaji admired Hitler
- Gregory Peck was a good actor
- Have you ever wished someone dead
- Gasoline engines are also known as what
- How do I do a kung fu training
- What helps with medical treatments
- What is a typical architecture based on microservices
- What is the full name of FICJ
- You may have seizures while you sleep
- What is culture difference when purchasing by the consumer
- Where is India's so-called black money
- What controls adolescence brain development
- How do I find my spam filter
- Is just learning math by heart