How do I update my LG phone
Update Android: Download and install the update
The current version of the operating system should always be installed so that your Android phone works properly. Updates are usually carried out automatically. If that doesn't work or you just want to check whether the current Android version is set up, you can find out how to update Android manually here.
Updates are important because they remove bugs from previous versions and any security vulnerabilities. The older the Android version, the more susceptible the device is to crashes or cyber attacks.
How to install an update
An update is usually carried out "OTA", ie "over the air" and thus wirelessly.
You will normally receive a message on the screen when an update is available. You decide for yourself whether the update is to be installed immediately or at a later point in time. Since the relevant files have to be downloaded, installation in a WLAN is recommended. To save time, specify in the device settings that update files are automatically downloaded in the WLAN. It will take a few minutes to set up. So you should update Android when you can put the phone aside for some time.
How to check whether the current Android version is available for your device and install it manually if necessary:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to the entry Software update. On some Android devices, the option is hidden behind the System settings.
- Here you choose Download and install.
- If there is a newer version, the update will be carried out. Otherwise you will see the message here Your software is up to date.
Make sure that the battery is charged to over 50 percent before you start the update. If the update process is unexpectedly interrupted, this can lead to serious software damage. So you shouldn't switch off the phone during the update process either.
Update Android manually
Sometimes no update is displayed on the device even though a new Android version is available for your mobile phone. In this case, you install the update via a detour on the PC. To do this, you have to connect your smartphone to a computer using a USB cable. You carry out the installation using the appropriate tool from your manufacturer:
You will find the option to update in the corresponding program. Follow the on-screen instructions to update.
Note that Android devices are only supplied with the latest Android version for a limited period of time. The update cycle often ends after around three years. If no update is provided, an update can only be installed manually on a rooted Android device. However, this detour is only recommended for experienced users, as it can easily damage the cell phone. In addition, very old Android models are not designed for new Android versions, so that the device could run very slowly and unstably.
If you want to use a mobile phone with the latest operating system version for a long time, an iPhone is recommended. In contrast to Android, the update cycle does not end after two to three years. For example, the iPhone 6S from 2015 was last updated to iOS 13 and iOS 14 is also expected to be delivered this year for models up to six years old.
We will inform you whether your smartphone is being updated to Android 10.
- What is the most expressive Indian language
- What types of companies are using MongoDB
- What happened after slavery ended
- Why is a medium required for the sound?
- How does malaria affect the immune system
- Left-handed people are better at math
- How dangerous is a broken fluorescent lamp
- Is Mr Suicide Sheep Music Royalty Free
- When will Angular 2 be out?
- Why are Apple Cell Phones very expensive
- Are you attracted to an androgynous look?
- There were dinosaurs in Gravity Falls
- Why Students Shouldn't Go for Educational Loans
- Would you recommend crowdsourcing graphic design
- How did Alibaba continue to grow
- Nice people are attractive
- How does the GoHeroGo app work
- Why should students study hard
- Are social networks overrated
- Is an Instagram user a Quora user
- Does humiliation affect a person's personality
- How does the inverting amplifier work
- What are the best quotes fortunately
- What is Luis Fonsi's most successful song