What is a shashlik
Shish kebab skewer
Shish kebab skewers are grilled or fried, usually marinated meat skewers. They are a traditional takeout in Turkish-speaking countries, Russia and all of Southeast Europe. To prepare shashlik, the meat is first cut into smaller cubes and marinated for hours or days, which gives it its special taste and makes it more tender. After putting them together with the other ingredients on simple wooden or metal skewers and briefly roasting them over an open fire or hot embers, shashlik is usually consumed straight from the skewer, without sauce or other spices. The usual side dish is bread. Our shashlik at the food stalls in Germany are briefly seared and simmer for hours in a shashlik sauce. This very often serves as a very good basis for a very fine currywurst.
- Wash the meat under cold water, pat dry with kitchen paper and cut into larger cubes.
- Peel the onions and slice them thinly.
- Peel the garlic and cut into small cubes.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Seal the bowl with cling film and leave to marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Strain the meat through a large sieve in a bowl and remove the onion slices and garlic cubes.
Variant of pork belly 
- Dice the pork belly the size of the meat and cut in half lengthways.
Variant smoked bacon 
- Cut the smoked bacon in the same way as described above.
- Try the smoked bacon, if it is too salty, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the bacon and let it blanch for 5 minutes.
- Strain the bacon through a sieve, drain well and spread on kitchen paper to drain.
- Wash the peppers, dry them with kitchen paper, remove the stalk, cut into quarters, remove the membranes with the seeds and the size of the diced bacon slices.
- Cut the remaining pepper pieces into small pieces and add to the sauce.
- Peel and quarter the onion and have the large outer layers ready.
- Chop the onion remnants and add to the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and add the remaining pepper pieces.
- Place the meat cubes, bacon or belly meat, onions and pepper pieces alternately on the skewers.
- Put 3 tablespoons (15 ml) of the strained fat from the marinade in a pan, heat, fry the skewers in portions, season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the fried skewers on kitchen paper and finally add to the simmering sauce.
- Let the skewers simmer gently for one and a half to two hours.
Put the meat, peppers and onions on skewers.
Brush the skewers with the marinade and refrigerate.
Then fry them in hot fat ...
... and let it simmer gently in the sauce for about 2 hours.
Side dishes 
- What is the intuition behind complex numbers
- When was CCTV invented?
- What is a non-commercial bank
- Do you remember high school?
- Will there be a Nintendo 128?
- How can I restore Google contacts
- What metrics should I track
- How do i do a ppt
- What does mom mean in manufacturing
- When will SalesForce buy Oracle
- Which car brand is going downhill
- What are some Filipino native delicacies
- How can I change the BSNL broadband plan?
- What are the best clubs at UW
- What is the most efficient charity
- South Park will be canceled in 2020
- Squats shrink your thighs down
- What are the most advanced ballet techniques
- Microsoft will buy Oracle
- What do we dream
- What are recommended resources for optics
- Time has mass
- What was your favorite dream
- What is the ManoMano Marketplace