What is the recipe for making polenta
To prepare this basic polenta recipe, boil 1 liter of water with salt in a tall saucepan.
While constantly stirring with a whisk, gradually pour in the corn grits (make sure to wear gloves and apron because it splatters).
Bring to the boil, turn down the temperature a little, stir with a conventional mixing spoon and continue to cook the polenta to a thick paste that slowly separates from the sides of the pot and the base. Depending on the type of polenta, this can take up to 10-15-20 minutes.
Then leave the polenta on the switched off hotplate, covered with a lid, for another 10 - 15 minutes to allow the corn grits to swell completely.
Rinse a large kitchen board or baking sheet with cold water. Spread the finished maize porridge on it with a wide knife, dipping the knife repeatedly in cold water (this will make the surface a little smoother). Let cool, cut into strips or diamonds with a sharp knife.
Before serving, fry a little in hot olive oil on both sides.
The polenta gets a slightly more piquant taste if you stir in a piece of butter and 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese immediately after completion.
The freshly cooked polenta tastes very good when hot from the pot with any tomato sauce with fresh salad.
Or layer any pieces of the cooled polenta in a buttered casserole dish, alternating with grated cheese. Pour over two eggs mixed with Parmesan cheese and bake in the oven like a casserole until it is encrusted golden brown.
For a serving of polenta porridge from the pot, approx. 200 kcal and approx. 1.8 g of fat.
For a serving of polenta pieces, baked in the pan, approx. 290 kcal and 10 g of fat
- Why do I have brain zaps
- What causes an infection in a cartilage earring
- Why do you think AcadBoost will survive
- How good are bad programmer-developers
- How do I remove a silicone adhesive
- Are atheists Islamophobic
- Killed Loki Heimdall and Odin
- What does I am dead actually mean?
- What are the basics of language development
- Are there white privileges in Chile?
- How do I install Mendeley
- What is synoptic weather forecast
- Value integrity
- Can I trust CNN
- Did Suresh Raina ever drop a catch?
- Should a man who eats tiger be killed
- Can mint grow under a sidewalk
- Can Zakat be given for Dawah?
- How does anonymity affect online activities?
- Why don't raindrops burn like meteors
- How do I get free games
- Network Marketing eBiz Is Illegal In India
- Why do satellites move with the earth?
- What is Jacksepticeye's real name