Who was the first Indian Mr. Universe
Manohar Aich - Manohar Aich
Manohar Aich (Bengali: মনোহর আইচ; March 17, 1912 - June 5, 2016) was an Indian bodybuilder. He was the second Indian (after Monotosh Roy in 1951) to win a Mr. Universe title. He did this at the NABBA Universe Championships in 1952. With a height of 1.50 m he was named "Pocket Hercules".
Aich has been interested in strength-related sports such as wrestling and weightlifting since childhood. At the age of 12, his health collapsed due to a sudden attack of black fever. However, he regained his strength through physical fitness exercises. He started out with bodybuilding exercises like pushups, squats, chin-ups, leg raises, and traditional sit-ups. At this age he only did bodyweight / strength training exercises with up to 100 repetitions per set. He attended the Jubilee School in Dhaka, Bangladesh. During his school days, he went to Ruplal Byayam Samiti for physical activity. He started out in shows with the title Physique and Magic to perform together with PC Sorcar in Dhanbad. He performed such feats as bending steel with his teeth, bending spears with his neck, and laying his belly on swords.
Aich joined the Royal Air Force in 1942, where he devoted himself to bodybuilding. He was introduced to weight training by Reub Martin, a British RAF officer. As part of the RAF, Aich was arrested for beating a British officer in protest of the officer's statements in favor of colonial repression. Aich started his weight training seriously in prison. He would spend hours in physical exercise. The prison authorities monitored his talent for physical culture and arranged a special diet for him.
In 1950, at the age of 38, Aich won the Mr. Hercules competition. In 1951 he was runner-up in the Mr. Universe competition. In 1952, he took first place in the pro-short division of the NABBA Mr. Universe. At the time his measurements were: biceps 46 cm, chest 1.2 m, forearm 36 cm.
- Height: 4'11 "
- Chest: 1.37 m (54 in) (4 ft. 6 in.)
- Biceps: 45.72 cm (1 ft 6 in)
- Forearms: 36 cm (14 in) (1 ft. 2 in.)
- Waist: 58 cm
In 1991 he had also contested elections for the BJP and finished third with over 163,000 votes. He was also awarded the Banga Bibhushan Award by the West Bengal government in 2015.
Aich was India's second Mr. Universe, the first being Monotosh Roy in 1951.
Aich turned centenary in March 2012. Attributing his good health to "a simple diet of milk, fruits and vegetables along with rice, lentils and fish", he let no tension enter his life. He had two sons and two daughters. His sons run a gym and fitness center, where Aich helped until the last days of his life.
Manohar Aich died on June 5, 2016 at the age of 104 in Calcutta.
- ^ a b c The Indian bodybuilding legend Manohar Aich dies. SportsKeeda (June 5, 2016)
- ^ a b Mr. Universe 1952 turns 100, credits Healthy Lifestyle, Happiness. Yahoo (March 19, 2012)
- ^ "Former Mr. Universe is celebrating his 100th birthday," Associated Press, via The Guardian (March 18, 2012)
- ^ Clarke, Suzan (March 19, 2012). "Mr. Universe 1952 turns 100, credits Healthy Lifestyle, Happiness". ABC News Blogs. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- ^ a b c "কলকাতার কড়চা". Anandabazar Patrika . Kolkata. March 19, 2012. p. 4th
- ^ Ghosh, Anil Chandra (February 2008) . ব্যায়ামে বাঙালী [ Byame Bangali ] (in Bengali). Kolkata: Presidential Library. p. 57. ISBN.
- ^ a b "India's first Mr Universe turns 100". India today . March 19, 2012. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- ^ https://www.thehindu.com/news/manohar-aich-former-mr-universe-turns-100/article3009156.ece
- ^ "আরও ২৫ টানব, আশা শতায়ু মনোহরের". Anandabazar Patrika . Kolkata. March 20, 2012. Archived from the original on May 27, 2012. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- ^ "1952 NABBA Mr. Universe Results!" Archived on July 8th, 2011 on the Wayback Machine. Bodybuilding.com
- ^ a b "Manohar Aich: Top Indian Bodybuilder Dies at the Age of 104". BBC (June 6, 2016)
- ^ "RIP: Life and Times of 'Pocket Hercules' Manohar Aich". abplive.in (June 5, 2016).
- ^ a b c "Manohar Aich, former Mr. Universe turns 100". The Hindu . March 18, 2012. Retrieved June 6, 2016.
- ^ "Pocket Hercules (1912-2016)". June 22, 2016. Retrieved July 1, 2016.
- ^ "Manohar Aich aka Pocket Hercules dies at the age of 104: 'Was an inspiration for everyone'". Indian Express (June 6, 2016).
- Which equations are needed in guitar building?
- Is running a gym a profitable business?
- How do you stay cool while fishing
- What is architecture education
- What are the functions of folic acid
- Why should we save coal and oil
- How safe is it to use FrostWire
- Well worth the Google IT certification
- If 11x 88 what is x
- What is Meghan Trainor's IQ
- Why is UX in SEO
- Shift work is hectic in IOCL
- What is the Japanese word for intelligent?
- What is Keyword Abuse
- How far can you cycle per day
- Where can I find cross stitch patterns
- What are the worst photos ever taken
- What is an emblem logo design
- What is the best voltmeter or potentiometer
- Why are MILSIG paintball guns so expensive
- What's so bad about police brutality
- What are the main predecessors of Britpop
- How can Coca Cola abort a baby
- Can I buy marijuana stocks?