Have animals done their repentance too?
Eve and the forbidden fruit
The Bible (Genesis 3) reports the Story of Adam, the first man created by God, and his wife Evathat God formed from his rib. You live in Garden of eden godly until the Snakewho was smarter than any other animal, the woman temptation. She said: “Did God really say: You must not eat from any tree in the garden?” Eve replied: “We are allowed to eat from the fruits of the trees in the garden; only of the fruits of the tree in the middle of the garden did God say:You are not allowed to eat from it and you must not touch it, otherwise you will die. "The snake replied:" No, you will not die. Rather, God knows: As soon as you eat of it, your eyes open; you become like God and know good andAngry. ”Thereupon Eve wanted to be informed and ate the fruit of the tree and also gave Adam to eat of it. “Both eyes opened and they realized that they were naked. “When God came into the garden, they hid from him. From this he recognized that they had eaten the fruit of the tree of knowledge and expelled them from paradise: “To Adam he said: Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree from which I forbade you to eat: So the soil is cursed because of you. / You will eat of him with hardship / all the days of your life. He lets thorns and thistles grow for you / and you must eat the plants of the field. In the sweat of your brow / you shall eat your bread, / until you return to the field; / You are taken from him. / Because you are dust, you have to go back to the dust. " After the fall of man Adam called his wife Eve (Hebrew: life), which refers to her as the ancestral mother of all people.
Theology calls this event the fall of man. It consists in the fact that people, contrary to God's command, ate the fruit that distinguishes good and bad. The Bible doesn't speak of an apple - In early Christian art there are instead depictions of the Fall of Man with the fig. The apple found its way into this Christian theme through the memory of the ancient paradise apples or only through the Latin translation of the Bible. Latin means the evil 'malum ’. ‘Malus’ but means at the same time the Apple. This indicates either a translation error or a conscious play with the double meaning of the word. On one of the earliest representations of the Fall of Man in the catacomb of San Gennaro in Naples from the 2nd century AD. there is already the apple.
According to the Christian view, this was the original sin or original sin into the world: every human being is born into this sin as a descendant of Adam. But it also makes a connection from the tree of knowledge to the salvation history of man. The tree is equated with the cosmic, the world tree, which "reaches from earth to heaven" and is "planted as the tree of life on Calvary". Jesus goes through the ordeal as a sacrifice in order to redeem man from this sin. To that extent is Jesus the new Adam. Adam is the disobedient because he eats from the forbidden tree, Jesus the obedient, who lets himself be nailed to the trunk of the cross to atone for Adam's sin. In the Middle Ages and modern times, the apple is often represented as an expression of overcoming original sin Snake with the apple in its mouth - so im English greeting by Veit Stoss (Lorenzkirche, Nuremberg). Madonna also often show the apple there Maria as the new Eve symbolizes the conquered sin.
1) Book Genesis, quoted from https://www.uibk.ac.at/theol/leseraum/bibel/gen3.html> [11.04.2017]
2) Liselotte Stauch, Apfel, in: Reallexikon zur Deutschen Kunstgeschichte, Vol. I (1935), Col. 748–751; in: RDK Labor, URL:
3) Original: Mircea Eliade, Histoire des croyances et des idées religieuses, Édition Payot, Pris 1978, 1992
German edition: Mircea Eliade, History of Religious Ideas, 4 volumes, Freiburg (Herder) 1979
Apple - symbol of beauty and strife
- What can we do with die cast cars
- What is an example of how to find yourself
- How is FDDI for MBA
- Astronauts are military officers
- Allows Typepad advertising
- Agriculture in India is a good scope
- How often does the MLB expand
- What is the plural sense of statistics
- Should Nancy Pelosi run for president
- Why do we do Sajdah in the Kaaba
- What animals are kosher?
- Are eggs cruelty free
- A diploma in geospatial science is helpful
- What is Tata Housing Kharadi in Pune
- What is paramagnetic behavior
- What is the purpose of reproduction
- How do art historians recognize counterfeit paintings
- Where do people live in Palo Alto
- Can a body have momentum without energy
- What does the Serbian word prcija mean
- Who painted all the murals in Philadelphia
- Why are Africans afraid of dogs
- How can I translate a passive voice
- Why does every problem end in money