What is a self-medication
Syringes, suppositories and other dosage forms
In one, an access is usually placed in a vein (venous catheter), through which the fluid flows into the bloodstream. Infusions are used when this is the only or most appropriate way of giving the body an even dose of an active ingredient or liquid over a period of time.
Venous access can also be important if medication is to work very quickly in an emergency. For this reason, a venous catheter is placed for safety in many operations. Hygiene is also very important with infusions so that no germs get into the bloodstream.
If infusions are given repeatedly over a long period of time, so-called port systems can also be used. They consist of a flat container with a thin tube that is implanted under the skin in a small operation, for example in the area of the collarbone. This container can then be refilled with medication with a syringe through the skin. He slowly releases this into a vein through the tube. Port systems can remain under the skin for several weeks, where they are protected from infections. For example, they are used in cancer chemotherapy.
To relieve pain or to numb a region of the body, anesthetics can be injected into what is known as the epidural space. This is a gap between the membranes of the spinal cord and the spine. The drug numbs the nerves and thereby stops the transmission of touch and pain signals to the brain.
To do this, doctors first place the in the gap and can then repeatedly administer anesthetic as required without having to use a syringe each time. Pain-relieving infusions can also be given this way - for example to relieve pain in labor during childbirth (PDA).
Spinal analgesia or spinal anesthesia () works somewhat differently: With it, the medication is injected directly into the cerebrospinal fluid space with the spinal cord fluid. This numbs the lower half of the body.
- A Mac can play Windows Media files
- What are the elements of hydrology
- Who was the first murderer in the world
- What is a horse chestnut 1
- Is oat milk keto friendly
- What is a domain service
- Little sisters are the cutest girls ever
- Where will California find more water
- Are clathrates not stoechiometric or interstitial connections
- What is the best looking supercar
- Who is bigger Yeats or Heaney
- How can I learn manicure
- How can I avoid staring at girls?
- What is childhood obesity
- Are you ashamed to be American?
- How can I be satisfied with the reality
- What is Clickfunnels Partner 1
- What is the smallest individual life
- Who is the greatest Greek philosopher
- Need nuclear warheads neutron moderators
- How strong are Spider Man's nets
- What makes you grow up
- What functions does Tinder have
- When is the BTS Tour in 2018