What makes effective texts
Tips on how to write effective web copy
Texts that do not fail to have an impact
First the target group is named. Another aspect is aimed at the content (what should the customer be informed about?). In addition to understanding and enthusiasm, an effective web text also requires the will to understand and convince the reader. Hence empathy is an important tool.
Tip 1 - write personally
Web texts are not "ironed out". They are written as if you wanted to explain something to your counterpart in good German. Therefore, something of the writer's personality can confidently shine through. It's as if the customer went into a store and received direct advice. A copywriter is, so to speak, the salesperson at the end of the line.
Texts that seem sober are boring and the beginning of a slow descent up the ranking ladder. An effective web text is therefore written in an entertaining and informative way. In the best case scenario, the reader will feel like reading the rest of the text at the link. This is not in accurate written German, but rather like a personal consultation. Of course, the spelling must be perfect. The wording is also flawless, but written loosely. This is how flavor and tension come into a text.
Tip 2 - let yourself discover new territory
Readers are looking for excitement! Nothing is more tiring than reading a web text that demands full concentration due to its desolation. Therefore, one or the other highlight should not be missing. Individual keywords are linked and may offer a recommendation, a good tip among friends or the solution to a long-cherished wish or problem.
Effective web texts let the reader go on a journey of discovery. Tables, bullet points, checklists, etc. are also helpful. A well-designed website will win over customers with entertainment value, even if the subject is dry.
Tip 3 - formulate goals
The web copywriter has a specific goal in mind. Perhaps the reader should call, leave their contact or other information, order something or give their opinion. Whatever it is, the website needs to be geared accordingly. Simply presenting a service is not enough. As a contact person, the customer wants to know which options await him.
Tip 4 - encourage action
An effective web text gives the reader a guide. It guides the customer through the website and includes navigation that guides them.
An example: A young, independent financial advisor creates his website and explains in length and breadth what opportunities customers have to make money. But he doesn't say a word that he likes to come into the house to analyze his personal financial situation and offer his investment services. Only one menu item indicates this.
In the best case, the web text of the financial advisor should be lively and make it clear to the customer: "This is exactly what I need." Corresponding empty fields ask you to leave contact details or to call directly (if necessary with an immediate callback function), etc.
Tip 5 - feed for the search engine
Search engines are readers too. Therefore, formulations must be kept loose, but search engine optimized. Headlines in particular are formulated in such a way that they represent an effective link on Google & Co. that the customer simply has to click on.
After completion, the web text will be reread and possibly further optimized for search engines. B. Keywords are placed more skilfully (in headings, in the first paragraph, in the last section, etc.).
- How do you simulate a shot
- What makes the birthday cake taste better
- What does IOT
- What is a superordinate function
- How can I restore deleted iCloud backups?
- Bitance is a scam
- Can sound-absorbing panels absorb kitchen noise
- How can an INFJ T get confident
- How can I separate amicably
- When should you fertilize zoysia grass?
- How is theater related to mathematics?
- Is there a smart village in India
- Why has Disqus released new dashboards
- What does knee treatment cost
- What is the name of a thyroid specialist
- What is the concept of truthfulness
- What are internet privacy disadvantages
- Which brand is the most hyped
- What makes cockatiels so cute?
- How much does it cost to leave Bangkok
- What is the national language of Ireland
- How do I integrate Idempiere in Opencart
- Heals baby powder and shampoo dandruff
- What is traditional Moroccan cuisine
- What if surgery disfigured you
- Why we use charge air coolers for turbocharging
- Is Alex Trebek a Christian
- Is the income from YouTube videos taxable?
- Are books really useful for improving vocabulary?
- Where does the word gutter come from?
- Who is better at football in France or Germany
- Why is my mother so terrible
- What is the value of 11 22
- Why did you leave organic chemistry