Can I change my Facebook page category?
A Facebook category is assigned to a Facebook fan page in order to characterize it more closely. The page category also has an impact on the detailed information available during setup.
Available Facebook categories 
If you want to create a fan page in Facebook, the first step is to define a category. You can choose from the following categories:
- Books and magazines
- Brands and products
- Companies and organizations
- Local shops
- Movies, music and television
- People and sport
- Websites and blogs
Apart from the latter category, every other Facebook category is also subdivided into a large number of sub-categories. For example, artists can indicate whether they work as a journalist, actor or musician. Local companies, on the other hand, differentiate the industry in which they operate. Here you can choose from various entries such as “Shopping / Retail”, “Health / Medicine / Pharmacy” or “Restaurant / Café” or assign an individual sub-category. Companies & organizations have the largest selection of sub-categories. Here, site operators can choose between a multitude of options. To select a sub-category, the full address of the company must have been entered. The sub-categories are suggested by Facebook to match the company. A large overview with all possible Facebook categories and the sub-categories that can be combined with them can be found here on annetteschwindt.de as a PDF in the last updated version from July 11, 2016: http://www.annetteschwindt.de/downloads/seitenkategorien.pdf.
Influence of the category on the fansite 
The choice of the Facebook category should initially be made on the basis of the actual content, as the category will later appear next to the name of the page in certain situations (e.g. in the search). Then, if possible, it should not reflect untrue facts.
But there is another problem: The selected Facebook category is decisive for which tabs are available in the info area of the fan page. Under certain circumstances, you can undesirably restrict yourself when designing your own page by choosing the category. The specified tabs will later be automatically installed on the fan page. The problem can not only be that important tabs are missing, but that tabs may appear and steal valuable space that is not used at all.
Change Facebook category 
In the past, the Facebook category once selected was irrevocable and no longer changeable. Facebook recommended creating a new page if the selected category did not match. Today it is possible to change the Facebook category later. If you are on your fan page, you open the "Edit page" dialog and switch to "Update page information". The category can be changed there at any time.
- ↑ Facebook pages (Facebook part 7). Schwindt-PR.com. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- ↑ How do I change the category of my page? Facebook Help. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
Web links 
- Why are dendrites unmylined
- Why do Unimogs cost so much
- Pressure treated wood can be glued
- How does DMT compare to LSD
- What is the verb of the rich
- Why is it bad for cats to go outside?
- How does PriceCheckIndia get its data
- All children enjoy learning
- Which rap song makes a political statement?
- How can I learn quickly without forgetting
- What is the Roman ark
- Which countries issue the most expensive tickets?
- How many URLs does a sitemap contain
- Is a Terminator tougher than a Predator
- What is high power density
- How does a person turn on a narcissist
- When is the worst time to faint?
- How is file conversion software created
- How do other automakers see Tesla
- The A2 blood group is rare
- Are pregnancy symptoms worse in twins?
- What is the Roman ark
- Who was Frank Sinatra's most unlikely friend
- Is Reddit the future of news consumption
- Who provides internet service for DISH
- What's your favorite shiny Eevee evolution
- How do I improve my spatial skills
- Resonance is a branch of Kota
- Improves the awareness of staying hydrated
- Recruitment Use of recruitment for branding
- Slow down the time in the water
- Is IPO an exit strategy
- Did you rightly try to quit Facebook?