How is the GPI measured
gross domestic product
The most commonly used measure of the size of a market economy, gross domestic product (GDP), was developed in the 1930s. The methodology is clearly defined and standardized. The GDP thus enables international comparisons and aggregations.
GDP adds up in a single number the total market value of all end products and services that are produced on the economic territory of a state during a certain period of time. The change in GDP over time is considered the main indicator of growth in economic performance. However, numerous factors are not taken into account, such as unpaid educational work, resource depletion or the like, which is why the GDP is increasingly being criticized.
www.beyond-gdp.eu (de / fr / en)
Human Development Index
The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) uses a combined measurement of GDP, health and education to compare human development in different countries. The Human Development Index (HDI) is based on the evaluation of the average development of a country in three areas: life expectancy at birth, adult literacy level and combined school enrollment rate as well as real purchasing power per capita.
In first place in the ranking of 182 countries is Norway, last of which is Niger. The Alpine countries are considered to be very highly developed countries. France, Switzerland and Austria are in 8th, 9th and 14th. Italy and Liechtenstein follow in 18th and 19th place, Germany and Slovenia in 22nd and 29th place.
www.undp.org (en / fr)
National Welfare Index (NWI)
The National Welfare Index (NWI) takes into account welfare benefits such as housework or voluntary work that have so far been neglected in GDP. On the other hand, damage to air, soil, water, health or traffic and the reduction in natural capital in soil, forests, resources, biodiversity or climate are accounted for negatively. Social factors such as distributive justice, public spending on health and education systems and crime also play a role in the NWI.
www.polsoz.fu-berlin.de (de / en)
www.fest-heidelberg.de (de / en)
Development progress index
The Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI) adds some essential dimensions to GDP. Work in the household, for example, is counted as if you were hiring someone from the outside for it. The GPI continues to rise or fall according to the share of the poor in national income.
The exploitation of natural resources is shown as current income by GDP, but as current expenditure by the GPI. While pollution has two positive effects on GDP - first, how it is generated, then how it is cleaned up - the cost of the pollution's impact on human health and the environment is subtracted from the GPI. The loss of quality of life that triggers the short shelf life of a product is also taken into account. The GPI is derived from the Index of Sustainable Economic Welfare (ISEW).
Gross National Happiness
Gross National Happiness - or Gross National Happiness (GNH) - is the attempt to define the standard of living in a holistic, humanistic and psychological way. It was developed in 1972 by Jigme Singye Wangchuck, King of Bhutan. The GNH should do justice to Bhutan's unique culture and Buddhist values.
Its four pillars are the promotion of socially just social and economic development, the preservation and promotion of cultural values, the protection of the environment and the establishment of good government and administrative structures. Critics complain that the GNH is difficult to measure objectively and is subject to a number of subjective value judgments.
- Why do we need lemmas in math
- Oral cancer can be treated effectively
- How popular is football in Iceland
- What was your worst moving experience
- You can accidentally get high on weeds
- Can I pass the CPA exam?
- What do you hate about Santa Cruz
- Why can't photons condense in a vacuum?
- Do you prefer energetic or soft music
- What is the best bait for cat fishing
- May Infosys overtake the TCS position one day
- What does d mean in Java
- Can I buy a YU Yureka 2?
- Is there anything above criticism?
- Did you play in Las Vegas
- B1 B2 US Visa Duration of Stay
- How can you build a city diorama
- How do whippets like to be a pet?
- Marketing automation platform 1
- Who are some famous corporate whistleblowers
- Are three laws on strike a mistake?
- Can sell p2p Marketplace digital currency
- Priority is given to disabled voters
- What should I mix with peach ciroc
- What is the appeal of the Black Keys
- Is Tesla the new Google
- How will the announced Mattel hoverboard work
- What is a double sided motherboard
- How sound waves propagate
- Where do I breathe when I speak?
- How can I design my invitation card
- Will Trump scrap H1B visas or OPT
- How did Eru Iluvatar come about
- How do I deal with tinnitus