Why can't hair follicles grow on scars
Hair transplant on scars
Remove scars after a hair transplant
In a FUT hair transplant, a small section of the hair-bearing skin is removed from the donor area, which is then broken down into individual hair grafts to be transplanted into the areas of thinning or balding. When FUT hair transplantation is performed by an experienced surgeon, most patients only leave fine, pale, linear FUT scars in the donor area caused by the technique. The FUT scars can usually be completely masked with about 2 - 3 cm long hair. If the FUT scars are larger and bothersome, it is advisable to remove scars after a hair transplant and carry out a hair transplant on the scars.
When is hair transplant on scars possible?
Whether a hair transplant on scars will be successful depends on several factors. Sometimes scars are very thick. This affects the hair's ability to grow in the scar. However, there are a number of techniques available to improve a thick scar and prepare it to accept new hair follicles. On the other hand, scars can be too thin to successfully transplant hair into this area. The medical term for such thinning is "atrophy." Some scars are too atrophic to reveal new hair follicles. In these cases, too, methods are available to improve the growth and absorption of transplanted hair in thin scars.
The blood supply to the scars
Last but not least, the blood supply to the scars plays an important role. Sometimes the scarring process in the scar can reduce the blood supply to that area, thereby reducing the chances of successful hair follicle absorption. Certain techniques, such as the preoperative and postoperative use of certain medications to improve blood flow to a scar area, can be beneficial and increase the chance of a successful hair transplant on scars.
If you would like to find out more about how we can remove scars after a hair transplant and whether the removal of FUT scars is possible for you, just give us a call and arrange a personal consultation with our hair experts.
Professional, sensitive advice and treatment
The prohair specialist team is looking forward to welcoming you to an initial, extensive consultation. Make an appointment as soon as possible.
Read more about hair transplantation:
- Ban Udta Punjab backfires
- 2Chainz is a great rapper
- What is khazar
- Which is the better language Dutch or German
- How can I create proper dofollow backlinks
- Tell me the best bank rating 1
- Who adjusts the Bitcoin mining difficulty level
- Is the earth weightless in space
- How to find your cervix
- London How will climate change affect London?
- Why do cows need hooves
- What is RGB in remote sensing
- Could the 3rd World War be fought over water
- Which Kingdom Hearts game should I get
- What is the best browser in macOS
- Make a page on Facebook for free
- Why do DSLR cameras need shutters
- Who is the craziest artist in history
- What is ordinal regression in SPSS
- What are the concepts of agroforestry
- Curry leaves are good for the eyes
- Who is the chairman of UPSC
- How do I send a message to a Quora user
- Ghosts live forever in Harry Potter