Can Jeopardy be successful without Alex Trebek
Alex Trebek: The "Jeopardy" presenter talks about his cancer
"I have news that I would like to share with all of you," said Alex Trebek, 78, in a one-minute video online in March. "As with 50,000 other people in the US every year, I was diagnosed with advanced pancreatic cancer this week," the 78-year-old reveals in a calm, clear tone. More than two months later he is now giving a health update.
That's how it is for Alex Trebek today
"It was really bad," said Alex on the "CBS Morning Show" for the past few weeks. "I doubled over in pain on the floor. It went from three to eleven - and I just couldn't believe it. I just didn't know what was happening." The pain gained the upper hand three to four times a day. Sometimes the presenter made it into the changing room after a shoot before he "doubled over and screamed in pain" - only to be back in front of the camera 15 minutes later.
He doesn't want to give up
The 78-year-old also reports that the producers of "Jeopardy" are very compassionate. According to the legend of the moderators, they wanted to expose the recordings again and again. But Alex didn't want that. Because he wants to fight. "No. We're here. We're doing the shows," he told them with all determination. After the diagnosis, he went to treatment, was prescribed chemotherapy - thereupon he moderated with Toupet. Now he is looking forward to the summer break: "Hopefully my hair will grow back then too. Because I like my own hair."
Trebek has been moderating "Jeopardy" for almost 35 years
Trebek has moderated the US version of the quiz show "Jeopardy" since September 1984 - a total of almost 35 years. This long running time even earned the native Canadian an entry in the Guinness Book of Records. His work as a presenter earned the 78-year-old a total of four Grammys and one star on the Walk of Fame.
Arabella, Sonja, Andreas Türck & Co. What happened to the talk show moderators?30 images
Sources used: Twitter, Spiegel Online, Promiflash#Subjects
- Too much alcohol could cause black diarrhea
- How do nerves and muscles work together
- Can you give me a fun puzzle
- Have animals done their repentance too?
- How do incandescent lamps and fluorescent lamps work
- What year will the Maldives be under water?
- Are Millennials Independent Republicans or Democrats?
- Recommend the Credit Revitalize service
- Can you weld aluminum with MIG
- What is never too much
- Is cycling good for building muscle?
- Dive into the neck with V-shaped guitars
- What are the characteristics of early adulthood
- Why does the internet run slowly sometimes
- How are the search results for Google images classified
- The Skype video chat is monitored
- What is descriptive theory in ethics
- Can I get Xcode on Linux
- Why did you choose the banking sector?
- What is ZUUL in Java
- Do you drink soda
- Is Java suitable for mobile devices
- The elasticity can be negative
- Where is bullying most common?
- Indian politics is dirtier than ever
- How many monitors are too many
- Why does my cat eat cottage cheese
- What is the current sensor market
- Is music a product of technology?
- Is Modi really Brahmachari
- What if there are polymorphs in the blood
- Which is case by case
- What am I supposed to take to middle school