How does oxygen mix in the aquarium
Ventilation of the aquarium
Advantages and disadvantages of ventilating the aquarium
The ventilation of an aquarium with the help of a membrane pump and an air stone mainly circulates the water. The aquarium water absorbs oxygen from the atmosphere on the moving water surface and emits CO2 and other gases. The stronger the water movement, the stronger the gas exchange.
- In unplanted aquariums, e.g. B. Perch tanks and rearing tanks, with high fish stocks and little surface movement, the oxygen supply is improved, which may be too low due to a lack of plants. There may be too little oxygen in the water, especially at night. Slight ventilation at night increases the oxygen content. If there is only ventilation at night, the CO builds up2-Level back up in the morning.
- Unevenly heated layers of water are mixed.
- Some fish species only really feel at home in a stronger water current.
- Toxins such as nicotine possibly contained in the air supplied are dissolved in the water.
- The CO, which is important for plants2 is expelled.
- The resulting noises can be perceived as annoying.
A modern filter also ensures that the water is sensibly circulated. In addition, the filter keeps the water clean, is quieter and uses less electricity. However, a filter costs a little more. As a rule, the oxygen content in an aquarium is high enough even without an additional pump.
For emergencies, e.g. B. If there is a lack of oxygen, it is useful to have a ventilation system, i.e. a diaphragm pump and an air stone. A diffuser can be used as an alternative to the diaphragm pump and air stone.
Last update on April 27th, 2021 / * Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API
- How do Sony's SensMe applications work
- Where can I find crystal ware in Hyderabad
- Why are lasers so important in science
- Do we already have space drones
- In their opinion, K Pop is overrated
- What is half of 120
- What is almond paste used for?
- For SEO, what is article scraping
- Can I be re-diagnosed for Autism?
- How much does Apple's new headquarters cost
- What news article broke you from the inside out
- What do you think of OneCoin
- How did Luke die from the Bible
- What else are ClickFunnels used for?
- Why is Messi the best 1
- Makes FedEx passports
- What are some good things about NMAMIT
- Can men get breast cancer?
- Where are the Nazca Lines
- What is the level of the NSA Ajit Doval
- How to make a girlfriend 8
- What is the importance of print marketing
- Can I get approval for an MBBS?
- Who discovered kryptonite