What kind of chemical is Dinitrophenol
Dinitrophenol (DNP): consumer advice centers warn against buying
What is the legal situation?
2,4-DNP is not approved as a medicinal product and may not be sold as a diet or food supplement or as an ingredient in these. Selling is a criminal offense.
What are the authorities doing?
In 2019, almost 70 reports were received in the European rapid alert system RASFF. The food control authorities across Europe use this system to inform each other and ensure that dangerous products are removed from the market.
In the first half of 2019, as part of Operation OPSON VIII, coordinated by Europol and INTERPOL, numerous European countries led by Great Britain followed offers of fat burner products that contained the ingredient 2,4-dinitrophenol. For 2020, the RASFF again reported 28 cases of online offers, mainly from Great Britain.
For further reading:
Terrifying results with EU-wide controls of online trading
Corona dietary supplements - that's what the authorities are doing
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (2015): Food supplements containing dinitrophenol (DNP) can lead to severe poisoning and even death. Communication No. 046/2015 of November 26, 2015 (accessed on December 17, 2020)
Swiss Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Medicine Office (2019): 2,4-Dinitrophenol (DNP). Status: May 21, 2019 (accessed on December 17, 2020)
Food Standards Agency (2019): The dangers of DNP (2,4-dinitrophenol) and the steps we take to limit its availability and reduce risk to the public. Status: 16.09.19 (accessed on 17.12.2020)
European Rapid Alert System RASFF: Reports on DNP from December 17, 2020
Federal Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety (2019): OPSON VIII. Status: June 21, 2019 (accessed on December 17, 2020)
ECHA dossier 2.4 Dinitrophenol (accessed on December 17, 2020)
- How do dogs get pneumonia
- How do I motivate myself to pack
- Who is your favorite Turkish writer?
- What is control 1
- How pedestrian-friendly Tokyo is
- Solution of environmental destruction
- How does Japanese encephalitis spread
- What exactly happens after death 1
- Why do they call film mistakes goofs
- How does lupus cause jaw pain
- Is the music boring these days
- Is there a BETA program for Rotimatic
- Slash is still learning the guitar
- Is sycamore good for firewood
- How do I pass a saliva test
- What should you give an auditor?
- How old is this picture
- Which laser level should I buy
- Has anyone ever been obsessed with you
- What was Buster Keaton's best stunt
- Why are prescription drugs called Rx
- How much should 6 1 man weigh
- Why is intermittent fasting good for you
- The African population in Leicester is growing