Repair scratched slices with bananas
5 ways to fix a scratched video game CD
How can you fix a scratched game disc? You take out the game disc to play and there is one Huge scratches from the "reading" side of the disc. You put the game in your console and it won't start. The scratch or Scratches on the game disc prevent the console from reading the game. Therefore, you cannot play the game. How can you fix the scratched game asap so you can play it? We have many below Tips and Tricks to help you fix your scratched game disc. These methods work on ALL game discs, including discs for the Xbox ONE, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, and PS4.
Video Game Disc Scratched - How To Fix It?
Please note: A video game disc with large, deep scratches will most likely need to be professionally rebuilt by a machine that polishes and repairs CDs. If the game has a very deep and large scratch, it is likely that it cannot be repaired at home.
All game console discs can be repaired using the scratch removal methods described below
Here are a few methods to try to fix the scratched CD at home:
1. Alcohol method rub:Get a lint-free, non-scratchy cloth. Put a small amount on the reading side of the disc. From the center, rub lightly and gently outward. Do not rub with extreme force as this can further damage the game. Gently rub outward until the scratch is gone or becomes less noticeable. After cleaning and drying the disc, put it in the game console and see if it worked. Repeat this method if necessary.
2. Toothpaste method:Use a small swab of the grainy toothpaste. The granular toothpaste can act as a mild abrasive and remove scratches on the disc. To use the toothpaste method, the first thing to do is to wet your finger. Slowly wipe the toothpaste into the scratch on the disc. Always do this with an outward movement in a straight line. From the inside to the outside. Rub the toothpaste in large circles, scratching it. So always rub from the inside out or from the inside in, never from left to right or in a circle. Rub in the paste for about a minute. When you've rubbed the scratch for 60 seconds, place the washer under the faucet and wash off all of the toothpaste. Use a clean, lint-free cloth to dry it after washing. After this method, try inserting the game disc into your console and see if it got rid of the problem. Repeat this method if necessary.
3. Banana method:Use a banana that's peeled and cut in half. Use one half of the banana and gently rub it into the slice, inside out. Repeat several times. After you have rubbed the banana on the slice, run the slice under warm water and remove any remaining banana. Dry off the disc and see if it plays on your console. Repeat this method if necessary.
4. Skip the Skip Scratch Fixer method:Purchase a small CD scratch removal machine that is designed to clean and polish your game CD to remove a scratch. These inexpensive machines can be found online for cheap. This is a good investment because if you have this problem again, you will need to clean the disk to remove the disk.
Scratch fixer for video games
5. Vaseline method:Rub a small amount of a product, such as petroleum jelly, into the scratch. Let rest for 60 seconds. Then gently rub the petroleum jelly off in a straight line with an inside-out motion. Remove as much of the jelly as possible. Make sure the disc is clean and dry and then put it in the console to see if the jelly method works. Repeat this method if necessary.
Try the professional method:Go to a place like either Gamestop or a professional disk scratch repair company. Typically, they'll charge around $ 4 to $ 5 to reject your game disc and remove the scratches. That way, the console can read the CD and then you can play your game.
Repair scratched disc
Do you have any other methods of repairing a scratched video game disc? Please let us know by leaving a comment below.
- What artist sang the song wild horses
- How can I practice selling
- What are some of the best JEE main stories
- What makes it easier to switch from careers to programming
- What controls adolescence brain development
- Do the Germans still want Alsace-Lorraine
- Writers ever read their entire novel
- What do Pakistanis think of Hafiz Saeed
- What is the structure for cyclohexadiene
- How can music help a person
- Hacking will ever die
- What is vertical communication
- When will Jio Payments Bank start operations?
- Fremont is considered to be the East Bay
- Why can't I change
- How does the Snapchat points system work
- When can nifedipine and losartan be combined?
- What is conversion
- Is CA easy when we focus
- What did the SS do in World War II
- WeChat is only for Chinese speakers
- What does stoploss
- How does self-obsession come about
- Does astrology tell the truth