What to do right after the exams
Exams during the corona pandemic
+ Where can I get advice?
The student and examination service will be happy to answer any questions you may have on the subject.
Withdrawal from the exam
Despite registering, students can withdraw at any time before the start of the examination, and failure to appear does not have any negative consequences.
Please note: If you "withdraw" after the start of the exam, ie you cancel the exam, the usual rules apply unchanged: You must immediately (in principle after three working days at the latest) a certificate from your doctor stating that you are unable to take the exam at the time of the exam submit. For more information, see the Exam Withdrawal page.
Exams during the leave of absence
Students on leave of absence can complete courses and examinations or take exams. What is usually only possible with certain reasons for leave of absence applies to examinations until September 30, 2021 as an exception for all students on leave.
Procedure for remote oral exams
The TH Köln offers remote oral exams with the help of the video conference tools Zoom or DFNconf. Technically, this requires that you have an internet-capable computer or laptop, a reliable internet connection and a microphone and camera of a certain quality. Your faculty will provide details.
The procedure for performing the oral exam via Zoom or DFNconf takes place as follows:
- Participants in the video conference are only the examinee and the examiners or competent assessors.
- The examination board or the examiner will provide you with details of the exam.
- Please have your MultiCa and your ID card (or passport) ready to verify your identity. The declaration of independence may also have to be proven (if not already available).
- The examining person or the keeping of the minutes creates a protocol of the examination, in which, in addition to the identity verification carried out, the content of the process and the technical framework, including any malfunctions, are recorded. The TH Köln does not record the examination. As a candidate, you are also not allowed to make any recordings, otherwise you violate the confidentiality of the examination interview and the rights of those involved as well as § 201 StGB (violation of the confidentiality of the word).
- In the absence of presence supervision, the use of inadmissible aids and other attempts at deception should be excluded by taking other suitable precautions. For this it is important, among other things, that
- You are captured as well as possible in the camera image during the test and therefore have sufficient distance to your computer or laptop and
- There are no other people present in the room you are in during the exam. Please also make sure that no other people have access during the exam.
- For this purpose, the room should be shown by means of a pan before the start of the examination and, if requested, also during the examination.
- If the connection / picture fails during the test, the test must be repeated unless the parties involved agree that the failure is negligible and cannot have any effect on the result of the test. The repetition of the examination can also take place directly afterwards, if agreed between the parties involved.
- If there are not inconsiderable difficulties with the sound or image transmission, it must always be checked whether this has a relevant adverse effect on the test. If necessary, the test must be aborted.
Alternatively, you can postpone your oral examination to the next regular examination period after coping with the corona pandemic and then take it under the regular conditions of your examination regulations without taking the pandemic situation into account.
Remote online exams in Iliad
Remote online exams are mainly processed via the exam instance in ILIAS. They are offered as an open-book elaboration or “e-exam”, but with the special feature that there is no conventional supervision. This is taken into account by the identity check via CampusID and password, along with submitting your declaration of independence. In this context, it is explicitly pointed out once again that you are not authorized to pass on your password or use a third-party CampusID. A violation of this will not only result in penalties under examination, fines and criminal law, but also in the withdrawal of your CampusID (revocation of the usage permit).
- The examination board or the examiner will provide you with details of the exam.
- Please have your MultiCa and your ID card (or passport) ready to verify your identity. The declaration of authorship may also have to be proven (if not already available).
- The examining person or the keeping of the minutes prepares a protocol of the examination in which, in addition to the identity verification carried out, the content-related process and the technical framework conditions including any disruptions are recorded. As a candidate, you are not allowed to record.
- You are also not permitted to use the examination questions for purposes other than carrying out your specific examination. Any duplication and distribution or making available to the public (uploading to platforms, sharing on social media during or after the examination) etc. will be punished as a copyright infringement with further sanctions if necessary.
Additional legal information on e-exams
During the examination period - as usual - the use of the help of third parties and the exchange with other people (e.g. in social networks) is not permitted. According to the regulations of the Presidium of the Technical University of Cologne to cope with the challenges in teaching and studies posed by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 epidemic, the submission of a declaration of independence is legally required with which you assure that you can take the exam without outside help and without Put down unauthorized aids.
Any attempt to communicate with other people during the examination period about the structure or content of the examination or to exchange information (e.g. sources) will qualify as attempted deception with the result that the examination will be assessed as failed. Please also note that the passing on of passwords to another person or the use of a third-party CampusID is in no way permitted according to the CampusIT usage regulations and can lead to the withdrawal of your CampusID (revocation of the permission to use). In addition, the Presidium's free trial regulation does not apply to attempts at deception. Withdrawal after the start of the examination is also no longer permitted. The TH Köln expressly reserves the right to take further legal steps (de-registration, fine proceedings and initiation of criminal proceedings for submitting a false declaration of independence, etc.). Without submitting your declaration of independence, the exam will not be graded, unless it is an attempt to cheat. In this case, you face the consequences outlined above.
Supplementary data protection information on e-exams
Due to the current corona-related restrictions, the TH Köln predominantly offers exams digitally. When examinations are taken with electronic support, the IP address of the computer with which the examination is carried out is carried out in addition to the personal data (matriculation number, surname, first name) collected for each examination in accordance with the registration regulations of the TH Köln and based on the examination legal relationship is collected and temporarily stored. The data collection is necessary in order to be able to carry out the examination with computer support. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 Letter e) GDPR, § 3 DSG NRW as well as the examination law relationship in connection with the regulations of the examination regulations of your degree program as well as the regulations of the examination regulations of your degree program as well as the regulations of the presidium of the TH Köln to cope with the Coronavirus-SARS-CoV2 epidemic posed challenges in teaching and studies, see above under "Further information".
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the examination procedure.
- What is popular representation act
- What is the recipe for Balmoral Chicken
- How are the relations between Turkey and Canada
- Why does random itching occur
- What are the good deals worldwide
- How does Esperanto differ from other languages?
- Is eating from the cava grill healthy?
- What is Jordan Peterson doing right
- What happens to news trust
- Who doesn't believe in compliments?
- How to count while knitting
- What are myus com alternative
- Investing How does art become justice
- Is rogue one better than machete
- Why does consciousness collapse the wave function
- How do I darken my skin
- When do you use SQLite
- What does Pixar use for compositing
- Why are US schools still giving homework
- Is college disappointing to you
- Did you donate semen
- When were acronyms first used in history?
- Will marketplaces replace traditional dealer websites
- How can I be religious