Is Lea Seydoux really famous in France
Award Winning Bond Girl Celebrity Birthday July 1, 2019: Léa Seydoux
Berlin (dpa) - Awarded with prizes and participating for the second time as a Bond Girl: Léa Seydoux can choose which directors she would like to work with. Today the French actress turns 34.
+++ Current celebrity news +++
Léa Hélène Seydoux-Fornier de Clausonne was born on July 1st, 1985 in the best of Parisian conditions. Her mother comes from the famous Schlumberger entrepreneurial dynasty, her grandfather was president of the French film production company Pathé and one of her uncles is president of the French football club OSC Lille.
As a child, she dreamed of becoming an opera singer and even went to the Paris Conservatory for it. By their own admission, a lack of talent and shyness ultimately prevented them from pursuing this goal further. Still, the call for the spotlight was stronger and at 18 she tried her hand at acting.
Although her family already had good contacts in the film world, she started with small roles, including in a music video. She was already successful in 2008: for her role in Christophe Honoré's film "The Beautiful Girl" she was nominated for a César. Other roles followed, such as in Quentin Tarantino's "Inglorious Basterds" and Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris".
The big international breakthrough came in 2013: In the brilliant and beguiling love drama "Blue is a warm color", she played herself as a lesbian artist Emma into the hearts of audiences and critics. The jury of the Cannes Film Festival awarded the main prize, the Palme d'Or, not only to the director of the film, but also to both leading actresses Seydoux and Adèle Exarchopoulos. Alongside the New Zealand director Jane Campion and her colleague Exarchopoulos, Seydoux is one of three women to have ever received this award.
Other roles followed, such as in Wes Anderson's "Grand Budapest Hotel" and "The Lobster" by Yorgos Lanthimos. In 2015 she played the psychologist Madeleine Swann alongside Daniel Craig in the James Bond film "Specter". In this role she can be seen again in "Bond 25", which is due to hit theaters next year.
Whether in action films or smaller independent productions: It is her mysterious charisma and changeability that open up an ever wider range of roles for her.
Seydoux is also successful as a model, e.g. as a cover girl for "Vogue" or a brand ambassador for Louis Vuitton. In her private life, however, she doesn't seem to care much for all the glamor. She has lived with her boyfriend André Meyer since 2013, and in January 2017 they became parents of a son.
In public you can often meet her in inconspicuous clothes and without make-up, which allows her to go about her life apart from show business relatively undisturbed. She reserves the glamor for her roles.
Editor's note: This message from the German Press Agency (dpa) is part of an automated offer that is displayed on our website. Neither the content nor the spelling were checked by the t-online.de editors. The dpa works strictly according to journalistic standards. Should you nevertheless discover errors, we look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much!
- What is the Net Banking Process
- Is the Vitara Brezza a good buy
- Which is the best crypto
- The HIV virus can move through the skin
- Recommend Trello or MeisterTask
- Why are US schools still giving homework
- Which BB cream is the best
- What are the bottlenecks in a PC build?
- What parts of Alcatraz are haunted
- What is metaphase
- How were calendars invented
- What foreign films should everyone watch?
- What's the most hated rap song
- Can motor neurons be replaced
- What are the best longboard brands
- How do I keep my interest
- Death from anesthetic pills is painless
- President Trump is concerned about the assassination
- Where is the evidence of black holes
- Why do you like red pandas
- How many people have explored space
- What amuses you currently
- What is your opinion on god
- Why is creative writing so difficult
- Which is good python or java
- Can we buy Fanzart Designer Fans online
- What does Annabelle kill with
- What causes cortical expansion depression
- What is a non-commercial bank
- How did you prepare for your CPA
- What's your story about learning algorithms
- Why IPL isn't banned yet
- You should cool pumpkin pie
- What is Ian Dury's most successful song