Which monasteries were closed?
Monasteries during the Reformation in southwest Germany
time and place
Thu 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., R 00-518
Requirements / organizational matters
Registration by email (sauerbr [a] uni-mainz.de)
Luther's rejection of monastic life and celibacy, according to church historian Bernd Möller, constitutes the core of Protestantism: "Protestantism can be defined as the church without monks, without nuns and without celibates". Consequently, the introduction of the Reformation in many territories and cities marked the end of a way of life that had held a permanent place in society for centuries. Some communities dissolved themselves, some were forcibly dissolved, and a few also managed to assert themselves in Protestant territories up to the modern age.
In this exercise, different case studies from the south-west of Germany are to be examined using sources that have not yet been edited. The focus is on the following questions: Which strategies did Protestant authorities use to dissolve monasteries? What resistance was there? Which factors determined whether or not a monastery was dissolved. could continue to exist? What happened to the retired monks and nuns? Special attention is paid to the differences between male and female monasteries
Lutz, Heinrich: Reformation and Counter-Reformation. Munich 2002
- What is the technology of the low temperature engine
- Why do people chase after public services
- WeChat is only for Chinese speakers
- Who Makes Biodegradable Bottles Water Bottles
- What is the value of 121
- Why are gearboxes so expensive to repair
- How can I spot fake book titles
- What is armpit hyperhydrosis
- Can men enlarge their breasts?
- How do writers and writers get inspired?
- Why doesn't Mercedes advertise in Hindi newspapers
- Who Owns UKTV
- What is the ideal food for dessert
- What are the good deals worldwide
- Are Venus Gruebchen attractive to girls?
- How do I sell soy milk
- Where do we learn
- Who is Johann Denner
- Why do Indians believe in foreigners more?
- How can music help a person
- String theorist Brian Greene is an atheist
- Is SO a strong acid or not
- What are tables in a database
- What is an electrolyte imbalance
- What are some recommendations for running shoes
- How well does your browser support HTML5?
- How long does the LED lighting last
- Why does grass grow up
- What are the most popular Lumineer songs
- What does a vegetarian cat look like
- What is the best smartphone battery
- Civilization dies
- What are the possibilities for 138BET