What is Xiaomi's marketing strategy
They're doing something right
Another aspect of Xiaomi's success lies in its method of selling smartphones directly on Sina Weibo, China's largest microblogging platform with around 400 million users. “Most customers in China don't trust advertising, they trust their friends,” says Lei Jun. But selling on blogging platforms doesn't make you a trustworthy partner. Xiaomi has also built up a large and close fan base by repeatedly asking for and taking into account customer feedback during product development. Companies and customers are in lively exchange with one another. Anyone who becomes an enterprise of the people in this way can also sell “he-Volk-reich”, so to speak, on a platform of the people. Xiaomi has succeeded in selling 50,000 pieces on Sina Weibo within 5 minutes and also accepting 1.3 million orders.
It is difficult to say whether such a strategy can achieve similar success in German-speaking countries. The positive example of Xiaomi clearly shows the existing potential of direct sales on social platforms. On the other hand, attempts of this kind have already been started specifically on Facebook and were largely unsuccessful. A sticking point seems to be that private individuals looking for social experiences tend to come to social media and not the keen to buy customers looking for technical product specifications. This is how the graduate multimedia producer Sandra Christiansen explained it in a lengthy, but very readable article (Selling on Facebook - All just hot air?) Over a year ago. Approaching customers the way Xiaomi has done could be a promising approach.
- Xiaomi is an ambitious company with considerable growth and sales success
- In the long term, profit should be made in the service business
- They rely on very low profit margins and unconventional marketing
- One aspect that is worth emulating is possibly the close contact with the customer through integration into the development process
Top picture: © sunabesyou - Fotolia.com
- Do lottery systems really work
- Change their portfolios
- How many B2B SaaS salespeople are there
- Contain dietary sugar
- What causes extinction
- How effective is marketing on Twitter
- Live Kookaburras in Singapore
- What is the angle of 7 30
- How should I prepare for NIT
- If 20x 1 21 what is x
- What is the use of eagle claws
- Can nihilism be positive
- How is Will Smith's work ethic
- What does the unit vector represent
- How do cats get sad?
- What is something that you consider controversial
- How can I learn in 1 day
- How does a farmer get rich instantly?
- Computer engineers make artificial intelligence
- How does a snowflake maintain rotational symmetry?
- What are the best football blog sites
- Title and deed are the same
- What is the joy of sport
- Why are fitness memberships so expensive