Is a shrinking kidney curable
Kidneys in distress Kidney failure: recognize warning signs early enough
This is how important kidneys are to health
The kidneys do vital work. They cleanse our body of harmful substances and regulate blood pressure, water and salt balance. In addition, they form a number of vital hormones which, among other things, control blood formation (through erythropoietin) and the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the intestine (so-called active vitamin D).
They filter the entire amount of blood up to 300 times a day. Up to 1,800 liters pass through the kidneys every day.
You can do all of this for a long time even with impaired kidney function. But once destroyed kidney tissue can no longer be repaired.
What are Causes of Kidney Disease?
The function of the kidneys can be disturbed by various diseases. Common causes of kidney diseases are: diabetes mellitus and high blood pressure, in the western world these "affluence diseases" are the main causes of chronic kidney failure.
Diseases include inflammation of the kidneys (for example pyelonephritis or glomerulonephritis), kidney stones, tumors or hereditary diseases such as cystic kidneys, which in many cases lead to complete kidney failure and can therefore be associated with a high level of emotional stress for those affected, as one parent and a grandparent may have been affected by the disease.
Kidneys naturally weaken as they age. In addition, painkillers and numerous diseases put a strain on the detoxification organs. We have summarized symptoms that can indicate kidney problems in the picture gallery.
How is declining kidney function examined?
Declining kidney function can be detected with blood and urine tests: The creatinine level in the blood provides an important first indication. Creatinine is a breakdown product of the acid creatine, it supplies the muscles with energy. It builds up in the blood when the kidneys are not working properly.
The creatinine value only rises when the kidney function is already restricted by more than 50 percent. Increased protein excretion in the urine also indicates kidney damage.
- How we can create a circuit
- What is data entry
- Why is Paris known for fashion design
- Are people more predictable than they think?
- What is the full form of GPA
- Why are Japanese soccer players short
- How can I create industry-standard websites
- Under what conditions does the kinetic energy remain constant
- Is IR define the radio frequency
- How should I start learning the tensor flow
- How does Ranbir Kapoor look so good
- How the Constitution helps you prepare for the IAS exam
- What is good and bad about mind mapping
- What is derivatives trading in simple terms
- A pus cell 4 6 is normal
- There are several realities
- Who was the first to calculate the speed of rotation?
- Follicle RX is only for men
- How cylinder walls are lubricated
- What is Turnkey Investing
- Narcissists have willpower
- Do we need fairness cream?
- How addictions create hyperactive dopamine pathways
- How much income tax is there in India